What's new

Favorite Gin?

I like Tanqueray. Instead of Tonic I've been mixing gin with lemon San Pelegrino's, and have been really liking them!

Isn't Gin the new "it" Spirit for the moment? First it was Vodka, then it was Tequila, then Scotch. Then for a minute Absinthe, now it's Gin. Have to admit the the only stuff I've really ever drank was Tanqueray, and thats usually at the average wedding reception.

To answer the advertising question, I do Tanqueray. I've only ever purchased 1 bottle of Hendrick's but enjoyed it quite a bit.

I don't drink gin so often anymore, going more for beers and wine, but I always have a bottle handy.

My favourite would be Seagrams, followed by Tanqueray. Gordon's is nice for everyday use.
Whoever is bringing Cork's from ireland is having a laugh, it's a cheap gin here, but I suppose the best we produce. If I was bringing gifts from ireland I'd leave the gin at home and bring a nice whiskey

Usually I'm a G&T man, but am quite partial to a Gin and grapefruit juice.

Isn't Gin the new "it" Spirit for the moment? First it was Vodka, then it was Tequila, then Scotch. Then for a minute Absinthe, now it's Gin. Have to admit the the only stuff I've really ever drank was Tanqueray, and thats usually at the average wedding reception.

I, for one, welcome our new botanical overlords. Perhaps one day I'll be able to order a martini and not have to specify gin. (unlikely)

My go-to gin is Boodles. It makes a favorable martini, but it's not so expensive that I feel bad about putting it in with tonic and some squeeze lime.

When I've got Hendricks, it usually is reserved for martinis with a cucumber garnish. If I do use it for a G&T I muddle in a cucumber and forgo any lime.

At the moment a bottle of Tanqueray is my companion through the "Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails" book. The Corpse Reviver is a revelation.

I just killed a bottle of Schramm's Gin (Batch No. 5) from Pemberton Distillery in B.C. Canada. A very interesting, unique flavored gin that I liked very much. Really shook up my (stirred) Martinis.

Death's Door is the best gin I've tried. It's good in a mixed drink, but I recommend drinking it with just a couple of ice cubes.

Beefeater is my go to for martinis and negroni's.
Plymouth or Junipero in my martinis when wanting something a little different.
Hayman's Old Tom gin in my Martinez .

I have recently tried Broker's gin a good gin and enjoyable at a reasonable price. We get some gins out in Ukraine which are British made, but you never see them back home, like Ginberrys, Finbury and Broker's but then again I wasn't a gin drinker till I moved out East.

For some reason I've taken a long break from Gin. G&T was my go to summer drink for years. This thread made me thirsty. I prefer Bombay, Beefeater, or Tanqueray. I've tried a few others, but wasn't impressed.

Miller's Gin -- very drinkable straight. Boodles -- excellent, but it's a UK gin I've heard you can't get in the UK. Beefeater's. Gordon's.

I'm late to this conversation, but I have Hendricks, Bombay Original, Brokers and Bluecoat in my bar at the moment. All excellent gins, and only Hendricks is expensive. Bluecoat is probably my favorite. Been drinking G&Ts with Fever Tree Tonic Water-Yum.

Top Bottom