What's new

Favorite Dive Bar.

My favorite Dive is gone now, Hathaways. The bartender would do 6 shots for six dollars, she didn't drink so she had no idea if something was made right or not. I remember seeing people walk in the door look around and walk right out the door. When you order a drink that contains juice or milk and the whole bar starts laughing and saying, "this isn't that kind of bar" you're in a dive bar........memories.

Let's all toast our favorite neighborhood dive bar. I just read this article http://www.theatlanticwire.com/ente...-us-be-thankful-dive-bar-now-more-ever/59235/, which is sort of an ode to the dive bar.

I just recently moved from Boston and I can tell you I miss my favorite dive bar (The Tam, for you Boston folks). It wasn't the cleanest. They only accepted cash, but were happy to hold your seat while you ran to the ATM to load up. Food was provided by the pizza shop next door or from a variety of delivery menus they kept behind the register. The drinks were cheap and the pours were generous. By far the best Manhattan I've had at a quarter of the price and double the whiskey you would get at a "fancier" place. A definite "come as you are" crowd. The more restaurants and bars I go to, the more I appreciate the unassuming neighborhood dive bar. I am currently looking for a new place in my new habitat that will replace the void The Tam filled for so many years during my time in Boston.

Tell us about your favorite dive bar...the place where you will always feel comfortable and welcome enjoying your favorite drink.

BTW, the TAM is still there. It's what left of the old "Combat Zone" in Boston.

Another great dive bar in the east village was the St. Marks Bar. Many a wild night there back in the 80's Also gone. Turned in a restaurant now I think.

was it near the grassroots tavern? another dive in the strictest sense and a great place to spend the night wasting a few thousand brain cells.

Top Bottom