What's new

Fav FP Inks

How would you describe it? I always felt it would be muddy. I've seen pictures but it's hard to tell for sure.

Is does look like red mud from the south or even dried blood. I've grown to like it a lot because it's easy to pick out of a line up on a sign in sheet for sure.

Is does look like red mud from the south or even dried blood. I've grown to like it a lot because it's easy to pick out of a line up on a sign in sheet for sure.

Thanks. I'll have to add it to my list. I've recently been stuck on Black Swan in English Roses. Excellent red/black ink.

I have to write in blue at work so my mostly used color (which luckily I like a lot) is private reserve DC supershow blue.

I have several cartridges in kaweco green (another color I really like, but they don't sell bottles), similar to PR Sherwood

I like lamy blue, but prefer the PR I mentioned. Platinum blue black is boring to me, but it writes well enough and dries quickly.

I have to write in blue at work so my mostly used color (which luckily I like a lot) is private reserve DC supershow blue.

I have several cartridges in kaweco green (another color I really like, but they don't sell bottles), similar to PR Sherwood

I like lamy blue, but prefer the PR I mentioned. Platinum blue black is boring to me, but it writes well enough and dries quickly.

Blue! Blue simply won't do. I grew up in the era when black was the only color ink that existed in the military, I still won't accept anything signed in other than black. I use blue black and red black now.

Blue! Blue simply won't do. I grew up in the era when black was the only color ink that existed in the military, I still won't accept anything signed in other than black. I use blue black and red black now.

I keep a pen full of blue/black for anything official or legal. Everything else gets whatever ink I'm currently enjoying.

I keep a pen full of blue/black for anything official or legal. Everything else gets whatever ink I'm currently enjoying.

I've got a rotation of blue/black, red/black and heart of darkness which I forgot about. I rotate pens everyday or so and it keeps the ink rotation moving along.

Herbin Poussière de Lune is my current daily. It's a beautiful red/purple/gray. For three years I used the (now lamentably discontinued) Mont Blanc Englischgrün/British Racing Green/Racing Green every day. I have a bottle and a half stored away for when the mood strikes me again, but I've been happy with my change so far. I get a lot of compliments on the Herbin. As you might be able to tell, I'm the kind of guy who orders the same thing at the same restaurant every time, so not a lot of fancy ink switching for me :001_smile

Nothing really fancy for me (yet). Your standard Waterman blue and Lamy Blue/Black. Both work great in any pen I've put it in. I am interested in looking at the pilot inks now!

Can't believe I started this thread and then have not been back to it for awhile!

Right now I am blown away by the Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite.

The Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun (gray with a little blue) is continuing to be a favorite. I got some Noodler Whaler Sepia, but the jury is still out on that one for me.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Can't believe I started this thread and then have not been back to it for awhile!

Right now I am blown away by the Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite.

The Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun (gray with a little blue) is continuing to be a favorite. I got some Noodler Whaler Sepia, but the jury is still out on that one for me.

Ah, the J Herbin ink, possibly the oldest ink manufacturer in the world if I remember correctly.

I like blues and J. Herbin Éclat de Saphir is a favorite of mine. Usually I go for inks from big pen companies but these guys have passed the test since 1670. I'm not into reds (is that what the Anniversary Rouge is?) but I was tempted!
proxy.php

<I'm not into reds (is that what the Anniversary Rouge is?) but I was tempted!>

I am not generally into reds either, but the 1670 Rouge Hematite is very much a red, or maybe a brownish red. It is sort of the color of red sealing wax. The shading is amazing so it really has all sorts of variations of reds in anything written in it. As BRuhling aptly put it, it is "like writing with blood." It is certainly the only red ink I have used that I seriously have had a desire to use to write personal notes. Not because it was so red, but because it was just that cool looking.

I have some real favorites that are J Herbins. I have heard great things about J. Herbin Éclat de Saphir.

strop

Now half as wise
Guess I don't get out much. Until I hung around here I never heard of FPN, Noodler's, isellpens, Edison, Goulet,etc. and my wallet is cringing. Since my experience is limitted I've only used Levenger, Waterman and Pelican inks, and a little Schaeffer's when you could get it at most places 25 years ago.

How do these inks compare to the others...j. Herbin, Noodler's, Iroshizuki, Lamy, Caran d'Ache, etc.

Thanks.

Mark

I like the Noodlers BayState Blue. The controversy adds to the charm!

I have eleven Noodler's inks, so I'm a fan of the company. But Bay State Blue should be outlawed. Not only does it look weird on the page, but it's a real pain to clean, not only from the pens, but from the sink where it inevitably ends up being emptied before finishing a barrel-full. Federal legislation is called for!

(Now, how's that for controversy?)

I have eleven Noodler's inks, so I'm a fan of the company. But Bay State Blue should be outlawed. Not only does it look weird on the page, but it's a real pain to clean, not only from the pens, but from the sink where it inevitably ends up being emptied before finishing a barrel-full. Federal legislation is called for!

(Now, how's that for controversy?)

Federal legislation hmm.... Maybe we should refer to it as the ink that shall not be named :lol:

Top Bottom