What's new

Facial Moisturizer

This may be a bit of an odd question, but can it be used everywhere on the face, besides the areas shaven?

I always apply an aftershave moisturizer to my entire face after shaving. I apply to the forehead, around the eyes and the corners of the nose. My skin is 57 years old but feels like a babys.

Terry

I really like Nancy Boys cucumber scented one for sensitive skin. It lasts all day and doesn't leave you feeling greasy and I love the smell.

Cole

I am a daily user of Paul Mitchells tea tree hair and body moisturizer,seriously I can't go without it.I discovered it at a barber shop,they put it on my face under a hot towel.The price is not bad about $31 with tax for a 33.8 ounce bottle that will last almost two years.

I found Nivea Sensitive lotion for men at Walmart. It isn't bad but a bit greasy still.

i will look into some of the suggestions you guys mentioned. Thanks.

I've switched from Kiehls facial fuel to Menscience Advanced Face Lotion. All the Menscience products I've tried are very, very good.

Cetaphil does wonders for me. I have a tendency to be oily in some areas and dry in others, and cetaphil daily moisturizer is wonderful. helps the dry while not overdoing the oily.

I use Dermalogica Active Moist. A tube last the better part of a year. It is not oily at all and provides great moisture. I think it is one the things that has kept me from an ingrown in the past year.

I use Nivea Sensitive Balm. About thirty minutes after applying the Nivea, I apply rosehip seed oil. A few drops moisturize the entire face, and it absorbs with no residue, leaving the skin soft and supple.

To find out more, google rosehip seed oil. Some attribute almost magical anti-aging qualities to the substance, as noted by Corey Greenburg in his old Shaveblog.

It's the best moisturizer I've tried.

Regards,

Since it hasn't been mentioned, I'll throw it out there, though I wouldn't put it in the inexpensive category.

Clinique M Lotion is by far the best moisturizer I've used and I have extremely dry skin. No scent(the Niveas all have a scent I can't stand), light, and absorbs quickly. 30 seconds after applying I can't even tell I've put it on my face.

+1 on the clinique, awesome moisturizer but not cheap. Using Nivea aftershave balm at this time pretty good stuff.

Last edited:
I use Nivea Sensitive Balm. About thirty minutes after applying the Nivea, I apply rosehip seed oil. A few drops moisturize the entire face, and it absorbs with no residue, leaving the skin soft and supple.

To find out more, google rosehip seed oil. Some attribute almost magical anti-aging qualities to the substance, as noted by Corey Greenburg in his old Shaveblog.

It's the best moisturizer I've tried.

Regards,

Is this stuff sometimes labelled 'massage oil' mate?

Top Bottom