What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Ever-Ready 100 Red handle

Friends, here I introduce a new brush in my arsenal. A "New in Box" brush. Another piece of Americana in my hands.
I do not know if I'll go to re-knotting it. First, it will be intended some uses to see.

Specs

Handle
Height 54 mm
Diameters from top to bottom, 35-29-38 mm
Knot Boar 16 x 49 mm

Total height of the brush 103 mm
Total weight 33 gr.

proxy.php

Enjoy! More pics here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/388561-Ever-Ready-100-Red-handle

Ever-Ready 200 Black and red marbled handle

Friends, here I introduce a new brush in my arsenal. A "New in Box" brush. Another piece of Americana in my hands.
I do not know if I'll go to re-knotting it. First, it will be intended some uses to see.

Specs
Handle Height 57 mm
Diameters from top to bottom, 36-30-38 mm

Knot Boar, Faux Badger 22 x 55 mm

Total height of the brush 112 mm
Total weight 54 gr.

proxy.php

Enjoy! More pics here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/388570-Ever-Ready-200-Black-and-red-marbled-handle

Here is my newest acquisition. Ever Ready 115.
Handle height 54mm.
Loft approx 50 mm
Knot approx 19 mm
Edit: I perused all of the photos in the Forum and the only brush similar to this is a 101. It has the same style handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 100 compared with a Burma-Shave.

proxy.php

I think someone in SE Asia has ended up with some old Ever Ready tooling. I've seen several of these on eBay, and I actually bought one from a drugstore. It's perfectly adequate although not a real competitor to brands like Simpson. But for $8-10 it is better than the VdH boar.

I think someone in SE Asia has ended up with some old Ever Ready tooling. I've seen several of these on eBay, and I actually bought one from a drugstore. It's perfectly adequate although not a real competitor to brands like Simpson. But for $8-10 it is better than the VdH boar.
For me, it's pure nostalgia.

For me, it's pure nostalgia.

That's kinda why I bought one too. It's almost like an NOS Ever Ready. Of course it isn't really. But I would bet ten bucks that the brush, with a Chinese boar knot, really isn't all that far removed from what dad bought for himself.

My Burma-Shave is in my rotation and I like it very much. I even lost it once on my bathroom tile floor and it survived without a scratch.

$100_7070.jpg

200 N

I got this in a "shave set" about 16 months ago. It came with my first SS (in the wild), a FULL bottle of vintage Old Spice AS and a vintage Old Spice mug. I got All 4 items for $10 total. When I posted the pic, at least one of the comments suggested that the brush would be a good restore, and, at the time, I really did not know what that meant.

Well, 16 months later, I have trimmed to the bristles, and, am ready to dremel it out. Will keep you posted.

I've got an Ever Ready shaving brush that has been passed down through the family but the bottom half of the handle broke off. I'm looking for any information on the brush (year, etc). The marking on the side says Ever Ready, Set in Rubber, 75JN. I'd love to find a duplicate just to have for a display along with an old family shaving mug.

$brush_01.jpg

I am a new poster. I found three of these brushes at an antique store today. Since I know nothing about brushes I found this thread which has been very helpful. The box is as shown. It is new in the box and the number 314 is stamped on the end of the box with an ink stamp. There are no identifying numbers on the brush end. The brush end has the usual ever ready name, trademark and a square. Any idea of the age?

Thank you

George
Arizona

$IMG_1221.jpg

Last edited:
EveryReady 250PB
proxy.php

Knot where it leaves the handle
proxy.php

Loft
proxy.php

Handle height
proxy.php

Overall height
proxy.php

After a re-knot job done by Rudy Vey - TGN 2 band finest 16 mm knot set at 48 mm.
proxy.php

The original hair was in pretty good shape, no shedding, but it was just way to floppy with the old badger hair. After the re-knot it has a solid place in my rotation. The upgrade really brought it into it's own. Love this brush!

Found another 100-T. The handle looks great, no yellow/brown dirty hue, the hair didn't smell either. I still gave the knot a good bath soak in soap, then shampoo/conditioner (bloomed nice). The lettering grooves look really good as well, but the paint is gone. Once i repaint them, and i give the handle a polish it will be good to go. I don't think i'm gonna have to reknot it.

Top Bottom