What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Thanks and I concur that's exactly what this looks like. I guess the top just came off at some point. Thanks for the clarification. It's a great little brush and if I could find an appropriate tube for it would make it my travel brush.

Well folks, this brush is very common, but it is brand new.

Specifications here.

Ever-Ready 200T

Box 40 x 40 x 130 mm, 10 gr

Brush
Height 110 mm
Weight 36 gr

Knot 20 x 57 mm (boar)

Handle
Height 53 mm (top part 25 mm (5 + 20), bottom 28 mm)
Diameters
Top 35 mm
Middle 29 mm
Base 38 mm

Diameter inside of the base 31 mm
Depth of the recess of the base 1.2 mm

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just picked up this model 55 today. gonna restore it with a TGN or whipped dog knot. (i actually pulled the knot out already and now just need to figure out how to clean/polish the aluminum and refinish the black base). Looked through all 12 pages of this thread and I think this is the only 55 on the thread.

View attachment 369033

Is the base wood? If so, I'd probably sand it down to the bare wood and refinish it with a few coats of black enamel. The metal collar should clean up nicely with something like Flitz or MAAS polish and a little elbow grease.

Just picked up this model 55 today. gonna restore it with a TGN or whipped dog knot. (i actually pulled the knot out already and now just need to figure out how to clean/polish the aluminum and refinish the black base). Looked through all 12 pages of this thread and I think this is the only 55 on the thread.

View attachment 369033

Not an Ever-Ready, but I restored a somewhat similar Never-Shed that you can see here. For the wooden portion of the handle, I gave it a very light sanding and then applied a couple of coats of ebony Minwax polyurethane. For the metal collar, as suggested by Larry, I polished it with Maas.

Good luck on your restoration-- should be a great looking brush when you're done! :thumbup:

[For the wooden portion of the handle, I gave it a very light sanding and then applied a couple of coats of ebony Minwax polyurethane. For the metal collar, as suggested by Larry, I polished it with Maas.

Good luck on your restoration-- should be a great looking brush when you're done! :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

I grabbed some minwax stain/sealer but went with a dark mahogany type color instead if ebony. It should come out very dark, near black but with just a hint of a red tone that I think will look neat. Thanks for the idea.

Ever-Ready 100 (Red and beige handle)

Hello friends. Here I show another humle restoration made by myself. It is a very common brush, but it has become nice after restoring.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/372915-Ever-Ready-100-(Red-and-beige-handle)

Specs once restored:
Knot: Finest Badger 18 mm
Brush Lengths
--------------------
Height : 101.5 mm
Loft : 50 mm
Whole handle: 51.5 mm
Beige part : 30 mm
Red part : 21.5 mm
Weight : 54 gr (Filling is 24 gr)
Brush Diameters
----------------
Knot : 21 mm
Crown : 35 mm
Crown base: 31.5 mm
Ring : 33.5 mm
Narrow : 28 mm
Base : 35.5 mm

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ever-Ready 500PBCC Travel Brush
proxy.php

Specs:
Knot: TGN Finest Badger 18 mm

Brush Lengths
--------------------
Height : 87 mm
Loft : 48.5 mm
Whole handle: 37.5 mm
Upper part: 17.7 mm
Lower part: 20 mm
Weight : 27 gr

Brush Diameters
----------------
Knot : 19 mm
Upper part : 26.5 mm
Upper part base: 22.5 mm
Ring : 24.5 mm
Narrow : 19.5 mm
Base : 24.5 mm
Bottom : 23 mm

Tube Lengths
--------------------
Height : 96 mm
Cap : 19 mm
Tube : 86 mm
Cap inside : 18 mm
Tube inside : 85 mm
Cap weight : 2 gr
Tube weight : 13 gr

Tube Diameters
----------------
Inside : 32 mm
Outside : 34 mm

See more info and pics here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/379087-Ever-Ready-500PBCC-Travel-Brush

First; very beautiful brush handle.

Now; it is quite difficult because it looks great with both knots, but if I have to make a decision, I think the boar knot suits the handle just a tad better.
The uncoloured boar hairs match the cream coloured ring very nicely, and the slightly higher loft also gives the brush a more lean and clean look - if you get my thoughts :001_smile

The creepy looking green Ever Ready 100 arrived in the mail today. As it is the cheapest and most disgusting of the several vintage brushes I've bought in the past two or three weeks, I thought it would make the perfect victim for my first restoration. Since taking this photo, the brush has been shorn of its knot, drilled out and polished with Flitz. As I hoped, it shined up nicely and has a bit of a marblelized swirl. More photos in the coming days.

View attachment 408569

Top Bottom