What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Here is an Ever-Ready 200T that my brother helped me restore last night. It has a huge 24mm boar knot in it.
Cant wait to start breaking it in!
$Photo0029.jpg

Attachments

• $Photo0029.jpg copy.jpg
    $Photo0029.jpg copy.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 482
  • $Photo0029.jpg
    $Photo0029.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 481
this is the same brush i just bought. yours looks pretty nice and i wonder if you had to bore open the handle for the knot

In your picture they certainly do look identical.
My F40 and 200T are different near the top, the angle at the top of the handle is steeper and longer in one. I can't remember which. I'll try and get a photo in a minute.

Its the f40 that is steeper and longer. i have a black f40 and a blue 200T. you should check out my brush on page 5. its the 200T with a 24mm knot. i was sick of having a floppy brush:lol1:

yeah i did, normally i think it would take a 20mm or 22mm knot after just grinding out the old epoxy. So i just went ahead and made it a 24 since there is definitely enough material there for it. i think it looks great with the larger knot.

Just purchased a black and white and a acrylic everready also. After my initial try at restoration(see above) I have now switched to a CLEAR marine epoxy. Lesson learned.

Is that marine epoxy a quick set epoxy? How expensive does it run? The stuff i used worked great and it didn't take a lot to complete the whole restoration.

it was the LOCtite 5-minute quick set type.

The Ever Ready 100XX brush handle has plenty of heft to it. The hair looks like boar. Here are the dimensions:

Handle height: 65mm
Handle base: 34mm
Hair loft: 55mm
Knot: 20mm

I finally got lucky on feebay! I will be replacing the knot.

Attachments

• $EverReady100XX.jpg
    $EverReady100XX.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 764
  • $EverReady100XXb.jpg
    $EverReady100XXb.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 762
  • $EverReady100XXc.jpg
    $EverReady100XXc.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 761
Here are 2 of my Red 100. No before pics as I jumped right into a resto. This is the base all ready for some filling (cork and resin) and a new floppy knot.

Dia: around 21....cant find my damn calipers yet
Knot: original was def boar
Handle: Hollow plastic top and bottom

Attachments

• $DSC02497.JPG
    $DSC02497.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 746
  • $DSC02498.JPG
    $DSC02498.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 750
Last edited:
200T

Before pics. I'm in the middle of the restoration. I have the knot out and the opening filed. I didnt expect it to be hollow but it makes sense.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
200T

Before pics. I'm in the middle of the restoration. I have the knot out and the opening filed. I didnt expect it to be hollow but it makes sense.

I just bought a restored one of these and received it yesterday. I haven't had a chance to use it though. I hope you enjoy yours.

Bone has a very distinctive smell when sanded, it's a rather acrid smell. If you're not sure, you could always file a bit at a dog bone (one that's actual bone, not rawhide) for a reference smell. It might be an odd, rather silly suggestion, but it might help you determine whether or not the material in question is bone or another substance.

The bigger one is an Ever-Ready 750 Nylon/Lucite Knot size is approx 25mm (This one has a BIG handle, comparable to a chubby 3)

The smaller one is a MadeRite 650 Pure Badger Knot size is approx 18mm

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Ever Ready 50CA
Knot: 20 mm
Handle: 40 mm
Loft: 52 mm
Total height: 92 mm
Type hair: Appears to be painted boar
Handle color: Green with yellow swirls (now -- I don't know if this is the original color)
Handle material: Catalin (some of the green color came off as I was polishing it)

$P1110079.jpg$P1110080.jpg

hi guy's, i got my buy from "redbike" afew days ago,

Ever Ready 150P
Type hair: Probably Boar (not too sure)
Knot: 20 mm
Handle: 52 mm
Loft: 53 mm
Total height: 105 mm

Handle color & material: Ivory Rubber upper Black Bakelite lower

full
full

any idea's what the "P" is for?
not sure if i should restore it or not..... what do you guy's think?
now i just need to find one exactly the same style just reversed colors.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice handle...personally, I'd restore it. Most boar brushes of that age are pretty brittle and dried-out. A 20mm TGN Finest Badger would look great in there.

Ever ready 1500 Pure badger I bought on Ebay for $21, hope that I did not over pay.

Attachments

• $IMG_00000029.jpg
    $IMG_00000029.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 628
  • $IMG_00000030.jpg
    $IMG_00000030.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 629
  • $IMG_00000031.jpg
    $IMG_00000031.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:
Top Bottom