What's new

EDC Flashlight

Just ordered a Zerbalight h600c , to compare to my sc64w hi and sc700d. And maybe emisar d1s , or astrolux mf01s. And ylp 2m cri lol

Carried a Surefire 3P with a Malkoff custom drop in unit in it for 10 years across a couple of continents in a number of job roles. Replaced the battery ad hoc and that was it. Went everywhere with me, it now sits on the night stand.

Left my Malkoff MDC, which had replaced the modified 3P, in a hotel room last year about 2 months after buying it. Provided you don't lose them, Malkoff's stuff is tip top.

Surefire's a touch overpriced nowadays unless you have an agency discount but still very robust.

I just got an Olight s2r ii. Very impressed so far. I use flashlights/headlights at work all the time. The magnetic end has come in useful already.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I duty carry the same model but without the recharging capability. I use rechargeable 18650 batteries.
A tank of a light.

So after using the S2r for several weeks.....it’s fantastic. Almost too bright for certain tasks. That’s probably my eyes which are not what they were all of a sudden. I ended up getting 2 for the price of 1 because of a shipping mixup.
I gave the other to my buddy, who is a rozzer, for his birthday.
He loves it and EDCs it.

My current EDC light is an Olight i5t that I got as a bonus when I bought another light. This things fits in a pocket like carrying nothing at all. My new truck light is an Olight Warrior X Pro. It remains on a USB charger in the center console of my truck.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My current EDC light is an Olight i5t that I got as a bonus when I bought another light. This things fits in a pocket like carrying nothing at all. My new truck light is an Olight Warrior X Pro. It remains on a USB charger in the center console of my truck.

Gotta pic?

Thank you guys for the recommendation. Now for another question: can someone explain lumens to me? How big a deal is lumens?

Lumens is the total light output. Candela is the concentration of the light.

Lumens is very misleading because it doesn’t describe the actual type of beam or pattern. It is the difference between a flood and a spotlight. Most lights can only deliver high lumens for a short time anyway due to the heat produced.

Fenix, Olight, and Nitecore are all good brands for the money, but God help you if you discover the likes of Okluma, Malkoff, HDS, Modlite, ElZetta, and Oveready!

2717B006-8E72-48EF-8F3D-FF3EC24A04B1.jpeg

Thank you. I'm constantly learning. I searched for a higher lumen flashlight and that is how I ended up with the Warrior X Pro. It has 2250 lumens. It's very bright, but will get hot super fast on the highest setting. I have to admit to being fond of the idea of a USB rechargeable light.

Thank you. I'm constantly learning. I searched for a higher lumen flashlight and that is how I ended up with the Warrior X Pro. It has 2250 lumens. It's very bright, but will get hot super fast on the highest setting. I have to admit to being fond of the idea of a USB rechargeable light.

No worries. This is a serious rabbit hole.

Lights are typically programmed to step down after about 90 seconds or so. You may not even notice it depending on the light. Our eyes don’t perceive light in a linear fashion. HDS does a brilliant job at dealing with this in their Rotary series.

I have logged 17 days camping and 3 backpacking so far this summer. My tiny Streamlight rechargeable flashlight has lasted without recharging the whole time. There was no sign of neediNg a new charge. I do have 2 so I’ll have a fully charged backup, but I’m off for another 7 days with the fam this weekend. I bet I will not need the backup.
1595544753478.jpeg

I like how to get the same brightness whenever you click it on. If you want the high mode, which is great for shining deer at reasonable ranges, you have to double click it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have logged 17 days camping and 3 backpacking so far this summer. My tiny Streamlight rechargeable flashlight has lasted without recharging the whole time. There was no sign of neediNg a new charge. I do have 2 so I’ll have a fully charged backup, but I’m off for another 7 days with the fam this weekend. I bet I will not need the backup.
View attachment 1129545
I like how to get the same brightness whenever you click it on. If you want the high mode, which is great for shining deer at reasonable ranges, you have to double click it.

You are a genius Brian. I wish I could figure out how to make my weekends last 7 days. :)

Top Bottom