What's new

Eclectic weekend! G. Washington, Sea Food Alfredo, Cowbell, Dark Beer, Oysters

Hi all,

Sometimes, I just have to sit back and reflect on my crazy weekend events.
I started off my weekend early Saturday finding a nice vintage Gillette "Old Type" Combo Leather CASE (no Razor) at the Flea Market. It cleaned up nicely.
proxy.php

Later, I found a very cool/unique (dated) 1896 Engraving by E.C. Rost N.Y. titled : "Washington praying at Valley Forge". I suspect this Engraving must be pretty
rare as I can NOT find another of this Engraving anywhere the on Web. I can't believe I found & purchased this vintage Engraving at a "Yard Sale" for five dollars! Oooh, while visiting a little "Thrift Shop", I purchased this AWESOME vintage (Made in Maine) Cowbell. "More Cowbell!"
proxy.php

I mean, come on! Like I'm gonna pass up a vintage Maine made Cowbell for ten dollars! No way! Well, the weather along the Maine Mid-Coast on June first was rather Cool & Foggy!
upload_2019-6-2_14-18-43.png

Ah! Time for (early) Dinner! I REALLY enjoyed a nice big plate of "Sea Food Alfredo" which I think was the perfect choice! Yummy, delicious "Home made" Pasta with Lobster, Mussels, Scallops, Shrimp & Swordfish. Sooooo good! After dinner, the Wife and I visited another Mid-Coast haunt (Sea Pier photo) area and we drank some good Local Brew Dark Beer. Of course had also had to partake in the "Buck a Shuck" fresh Oysters! Oooh dear God, the fresh Oysters (a dollar each) were to die for fantastic! I usually eat a dozen to a dozen and a half Oysters however (since I just finished my Dinner of Sea Food Alfredo thirty minutes earlier) I only ordered eight fresh Oysters to go along with my Dark Beer all the while listening to the tunes of a local Rock Band while sitting Harbor side on the Deck. I must admit, it was a bit cool on the Deck and I had to wear my (always carried in Car) Fleece Jacket (after all, this is Maine). Ooooh, I almost forgot, earlier in the day (while at the "Flea Market") I purchased a "Home made" Blueberry Pie from a sweet little old Lady who sells the Pies (and other items) at this "Flea Market". Well, I almost had me a "Belly Ache" as I ate 3/4's of that Blueberry Pie (once home) after 10:00 p.m. All in all, a fun filled day!

Hi @shavefan, Thank you Sir! I must admit, it was indeed a fun/great day all around. Summers are EXTREMELY short here in Maine so, after a long cold Winter, one has to take advantage of even a (so so) Weather day and just get out and play. I just checked the temperature of the area (I visited yesterday) and it's currently FIFTY THREE degrees! Toss in a little Fog & Wind lol, it becomes down right chilly! That being said, Man, were those Fresh Oysters GREAT!
Shavefan, should you ever visit Maine :
Maine: The Damariscotta Oyster Celebration - GoNOMAD Travel

Beer and Oysters are a good combo. That being said, I must once again have Oysters with a nice (Dark) Beer along with a good Scotch! Oban 14 goes BEAUTIFULLY with Oysters! It doesn't get much better!

SixCats!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the entertainment. I had a great time just reading about your weekend. We need more cowbells on this forum. :001_smile

Top Bottom