What's new

Dubl-Duck Safety Matic

I recently purchased this sweet little razor and a few people have shown some interest in it, so I thought I'd make a thread with some more photos of it. It is stamped Pearlduck Inc., Jamaica NY on the back side, and interestingly also Japan. From the few things I can find about the company, it is from 1947-1952. If anyone has anymore info on it, feel free to chime in, I would like to know more about it.

$20161030_174722.jpg
$20161030_174734.jpg
$20161030_174754.jpg
$20161030_174837.jpg

Hmm this is actually the first time I have seen one of these. This is usually not my type, but this one is rather attractive. I am also curious to find out more info on this razor.

Hmm this is actually the first time I have seen one of these. This is usually not my type, but this one is rather attractive. I am also curious to find out more info on this razor.

It was the first time I had seen one as well. It takes the Weck blades, but as you can see from the photo, it is a fair bit smaller than a standard Weck. But I finally got a Dubl-Duck! :lol:

It was the first time I had seen one as well. It takes the Weck blades, but as you can see from the photo, it is a fair bit smaller than a standard Weck. But I finally got a Dubl-Duck! [emoji38]
Where is the Japan mark on this razor? I can't seem to see it in the photos. I'm interested in the fact it has both locations

Where is the Japan mark on this razor? I can't seem to see it in the photos. I'm interested in the fact it has both locations

It is in the third photo right in the middle of that bright reflection. Geeze, you'd think someone who has had model photos published could take a photo of a razor. :a52:

Oh and by the way, congrats on the dubl duck. I just acquired a goldedge not that long ago and I love it. As of now wade and butcher is my no. 1 and dubl duck is my no.2

Thanks, It's not what I was initially hoping for when I was looking for one, but it fit my price range at the time and turned out to be sort of unique.

Here's the Japan stamp.

$20161030_190545.jpg

The only thing I can find is they were sold as hair shapers and came with a comb/guard attachment.$$_1.JPG. Maybe the attachment was made in Japan or dubl duck sourced these guys out to a manufacturer in Japan and that's were the Japan stamp comes into play.

I forgot to mention that I did get that attachment with it. I have gotten it with Sextoblades as well. I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them.

:thumbup: First shave with it was a little different being smaller than I am used to, but it really works great.

Top Bottom