What's new

DOVO Shavette v. Sanguine [Stainless Steel]

I would love to own a shavette-style straight razor to compliment my DE safety razor addiction, and I am considering either the DOVO Shavette® or the Sanguine stainless steel razor. Does anyone here have experience with both razors for a little compare/contrast action?

Christopher

PS--The Sanguine stainless steel looks a lot like the DOVO Shavette.

I'd stick with the fakie straights that take DE blades, as if you're going to be a blade chucker - might as well get the least expensive and most readily available blades - DE blades.

I haven't tried the Sanguine, but i'd love to.

I do own a stainless steel shavette, and for what it is, it's a mighty nifty razor, and if you so desire, can be modified to use numerous types of blades. I like my shavette for travel, and small trimming jobs.

I don't own a Dovo Shavette, but the sanguine's are nice (the XD-20's, not the cheapo ones they have). They are by far the best in their pricerange.

As for handling like a 6/8 straight, that may be true. Make no mistake, however, it doesn't shave like one.

The results from a shavette are about the same as a DE (probably because it's the same blade in a different holder)

consensus around SRP , from what I remember, seems to be the Monseigneur Charles handles and shaves more like a normal straight than either and the Sanguine (higher end) is 2nd. The Dovo shaves very differently.

The Charles uses injectors only. I have one but have not used it yet. I have used a Weck (metal scale) and it is definitely different from a normal straight.

Top Bottom