What's new

Doesnt make sense

Hi everyone,

Had the most wonderful shave a few days ago. I wanted to try shaving daily and the result was very good! Best shave so far. ( im into this about two months).
If I shave everyday, I get less irritation than if I wait 2 days?
How does that make sense?

Hi everyone,

Had the most wonderful shave a few days ago. I wanted to try shaving daily and the result was very good! Best shave so far. ( im into this about two months).
If I shave everyday, I get less irritation than if I wait 2 days?
How does that make sense?

I have this same issue. If I try to go more than a day and then use my DE I will get some irritation (mainly on my neck). I have tried different blades, soaps and razors and have not found a comfortable DE solution. For now if I skip more than a day, which is not very often, then I use my Braun electric to trim it down and then finish up with my DE. The Braun is on its last legs so this is a short term solution, of course the easy solution is to not skip more than one day.

Everything improves all around with practice and your face gets little more used to it.
Northerners tolerate cold a lot more than Southerners and vice versa

For now if I skip more than a day, which is not very often, then I use my Braun electric to trim it down and then finish up with my DE. The Braun is on its last legs so this is a short term solution, of course the easy solution is to not skip more than one day.
This is an excellent reason to try an open-comb razor. They sail right through any length of beard.
The RazoRock "OLD TYPE Open Comb DE Safety Razor" with a stainless steel handle is a very inexpensive choice to try one out, at Cdn$20.22 or US$14.99. I got one for myself, then one for my son who often goes days or weeks without shaving.

This is an excellent reason to try an open-comb razor. They sail right through any length of beard.
The RazoRock "OLD TYPE Open Comb DE Safety Razor" with a stainless steel handle is a very inexpensive choice to try one out, at Cdn$20.22 or US$14.99. I got one for myself, then one for my son who often goes days or weeks without shaving.

I have tried that and it performs better than any other razor, which is why I am working with a machinist friend who is reproducing/duplicating an Old Type in solid brass. I have had three old types but they all had cracks and I would like to have one that will not break.

Top Bottom