What's new

does a wee scot have a wooden handle?

Does any one have a photo of the Wee scot held in hand to get an idea of its size. I'm in the market for a smaller brush to fit my new scuttle.

Does any one have a photo of the Wee scot held in hand to get an idea of its size. I'm in the market for a smaller brush to fit my new scuttle.

Not in the hand but here it is next to some other brushes:

From left to right:

Simpson's Tulip 2 two band, EJ BBB, Kent BLK4, Savile Row 3824, Rooney finest 1/2, Simpson's PJ3 handle with custom D01 knot, Wee Scot, and EJ DE89L.

proxy.php

Last edited:
proxy.php

Then as a comparison to fingers…as you can see it is just a bit over my ring finger in length…and I do not have large hands.

proxy.php

A blade box for comparison and along with a perfect tube I found for it (Hyatt Hotel mending kit from decades ago), and my mini shave stick stuffed with PdP (made from a small glue stick tube).

proxy.php

And finally this wonder brush tucked in its travel tube

proxy.php

You might want something a little larger for your scuttle but the wee scot is a great brush. I don't think you'd be dissapointed with it.

Awesome travel setup! :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Then as a comparison to fingers…as you can see it is just a bit over my ring finger in length…and I do not have large hands.

proxy.php

A blade box for comparison and along with a perfect tube I found for it (Hyatt Hotel mending kit from decades ago), and my mini shave stick stuffed with PdP (made from a small glue stick tube).

proxy.php

And finally this wonder brush tucked in its travel tube

proxy.php

So the Wee Scot arrived today, its much smaller than i anticipated and i really wondered if this thing would lather without taking an epic amount of time. Having said this it did lather up reasonably quickly but at one point it fell down the hole of my shaving scuttle which gave me merry hell trying to fish it out again. :laugh:

Other things of note, the hair quality on the Wee Scot is marked as 'Best Badger' and my other brush a Kent BK4 is marked as 'Pure Badger'. The Wee Scot seems much firmer and lacks the softness I'm accustomed to. Still it loads up well enough but has a peculiar smell which hopefully a few runs over some soap and water will sort.

Conclusion, I could not possibly imagine using this as a day to day brush but perfect as a compact travel brush for holidays and short breaks.

attachment.php

Give it some time....you may be surprised that it sneeks into your daily routine without you even realizing it.

Gave the Wee Scot another go today, altogther better shave so my opnion and overall mood was more positive. See no reason why this little fella could'nt be in my regular rotation. Loads fine, covers fine and brush feel has softened after a couple of uses. :thumbup1:

Yep, it is a cute little brush with unexpected qualities.
It is a stable factor in my rotation also, and the brush to go on a trip.

Another size comparison pic:

attachment.php

Large as a Feather!

Top Bottom