What's new

DIY bladebank with blade silhouette and/or custom label- Great inexpensive gift!

I just started my blade bank and I used a can of vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. It's easier to rinse out since there's no fats/oils. I'll post progress as I complete it. I'm thinking a barber pole look for this one.

Or you could try using a a shaving soap tub... Just use some Loctite to secure the lid for safety or the breakable stuff if you want to reuse it.

Thought I'd post some screen-caps of what I made. Now my only problem is figuring out which one to use. I'm torn between Dio and Cthulhu.

And yes, I love Old Spice.
$blade bank wrap 1.jpg$blade bank wrap 2.jpg$blade bank wrap 3.jpg$blade bank wrap 4.jpg$blade bank wrap 5.jpg

Thought I'd post some screen-caps of what I made. Now my only problem is figuring out which one to use. I'm torn between Dio and Cthulhu.

And yes, I love Old Spice.

I love your font for "Blade Bank." I've been planning to make some of these to throw up on BST. What font did you use?

Thanks ThePatrician! Nice work with your graphics. What did you end up deciding on? Pics of the finished product?

Well I decided on Dio, but it'll be hard to post a finished product. I haven't printed it yet because my printer is out of colored ink, and the replacement cartridge hasn't arrived yet. Shipping to an APO takes a while.

Good job Sir!

I will add any new ones I make here for the group! I have some great ideas... unfortunately the "real" job is hitting me hard these last few weeks. Come the Christmas break I will be going into shaving craft overdrive :)

I just picked up a new powerful heater for my garage so i can work on my lathe in there over the winter. It's already getting cold up here in the great white north! :)

Cheers,

AceByTerror

acebyterror is that you in the avatar or steve buscemi?

Finally got around to making a can blade bank. Used the PDF from earlier in this thread. Had to scale it 125% to fit the chicken broth can I used to make yesterday's turkey dressing then it fit fine. This replaces my earlier pill bottle and is a safer and nicer looking solution. The slot could be nicer, more even. Maybe I'll take a file to it at some point. But the blades fit in the slot fine and there are no sharp edges sticking out so it's not a safety hazard, just a cosmetic issue.

$Blade-Bank.jpg

I glued the label on with a hot glue gun and noticed the flap wasn't glued down. You can see that at the bottom of my photo above. So rather than try the glue gun again, I just used some elmers glue wiped across that edge. And since it was printed on a laser printer and wasn't going to really run in the face of moisture, I decided to just wipe a think layer of elmers on the entire surface of the label to give it a little water resistance as it may quite likely be exposed to moisture at some point during use. Not necessary I guess but what the heck.

Top Bottom