What's new

Dislike Amazon more then ever as of today🔥

I agree about the problems with Amazon. I was looking for a shaving brush and the package description said it was 1 inch x 1 inch x 1 inch. There are a lot of description errors and the reviews often of completely incorrect even if you ask a specific question.

But as mentioned here, CHECK the fine print to see if the item is returnable/refundable and sold/ships from Amazon. Saves a lot of problems.
Boy that would be a tough one to use at a real 1Ă—1Ă—1inch that's funny.
Makes me think of the video of a super huge shaving brush someone made.
I think it was Michael Freeman, probably not spelled correctly, but he did a shave with it, so funny. Like 142mm brush or the like.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
There’s a certain way to use Amazon for me. If I stick to my rules, it’s a pleasant experience. If I roll the dice by breaking my rules, I can only blame myself if I am disappointed in the transaction.

It’s well known that Amazon co-mingles the “same” item into a single bin that is being sold by multiple vendors. For example, say you want to buy a 100-pack of Astra SP blades and you found that 10 vendors sell them on Amazon. If the items say “shipped from Amazon,” on all 10 listings, this means that the 10 vendors store their products in an Amazon warehouse, but they’re all put in the same bin. So, say you click to buy it from “Joe’s Super Razor Fun Good Times” because it’s $1 cheaper than all the others, you have no idea which stock you are actually getting. The only guarantee you have is the price. Even if Joe’s has legit product, but “Mike’s Discount But We Promise Not Sketchy” has some counterfeits, you may actually get counterfeits from Mike’s stock because they were in the same bin.

I only buy “shipped from Amazon” products if I don’t care about stock origin, date codes, versions, etc. If I don’t care if I get made in Russia Astras vs made in India Astras vs counterfeits, I’ll buy from Amazon and have them shipped from Amazon.

If I need absolute certainty of receiving a certain version of an item, I’ll probably go to another store altogether, but I will still buy from Amazon if it’s shipped by the actual vendor. For example, if Joe is advertising made in Russia Astra SP, and the listing says “Shipped by Joe,” I’ll buy from Joe that way.

Everything else is a gamble. YMMV.

Be wary when ordering "non refundable food items," is all I can say.

To be fair, it's 90% clear sailing, but there are more BS problems lately.

AA
I've ordered a few difficult to find local items (dry pasta shapes, specialty can of beans) without issue.

Things like cookies, fancy licorice, chocolates etc are usually fine but I have had the odd issue. Either damaged/brown product, open Amazon shipping box or placed in my garden by the driver. A quick use of the Chat function explaining the problem and they refunded the entire purchase.

If you try and use the "return" function it goes into an endless loop or starting the refund and then tells you "too bad". You have to go through the customer service function and get to chat, select "other issue" or something similar and get a real person.

I have been a "Prime" member for years. Not only for the free shipping reduced limit but did for the Prime video too. So that may affect getting better service, discounts on late shipments and free items when they do screw up.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I needed a new backpack. Had it narrowed down to three. Ordered them all from amazon, chose the one I liked, and then returned them all for an easy refund.

I then bought direct from the manufacturer, for 25% off.

The system will try to game you, so you might as well game the system.

Top Bottom