What's new

Discordance

Ooh! I have one! I have one!

When people write “SS” instead of super stainless. The wall. Up the derd-blurmed wall it drives me.
Are you telling me I can't name my vessel the SS Karve?! :cursing:

I am going to go shave with my SS General now... :lol:
The prop wash is a bit much, but the three blades are so nice if I can keep myself positioned correctly!

@APBinNCA , ain’t you hankering for a stainless Aust or a quarter-hollow Friodur? Is it one of them and a stainless Karve, too?
Oh no, no Karve for me. I was just trying not to sound like the straight razor weirdo I have become... :whistling:
I am in the market for an Overlander in SS, whenever that happens... :confused1
I just put a ridiculous counter offer on the 1/4 hollow and am now nervous that I will actually have to pay for it... 😬

Sorry to derail this fine thread.

This one relates to one of my earlier points. The antiGMOers. Basically the idea that anything that’s been genetically modified especially if modified in a laboratory is somehow bad. Just because it hasn’t been genetically modified in a laboratory doesn’t mean it’s not been genetically modified. Look at the number of dog and cat breeds. Another example is maize (corn):
4E5A8BD4-C216-481E-898A-3B5410A70843.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Enabling:
A phrase often used when trying to goad someone in the completely opposite direction to the one they were hoping to go. It does not enable them with anything whatsoever.

"I just want to buy one (item of relevance)"

"No, buy both. Three is better. Good start! Here, have another one...!"

Just what exactly is being enabled here? Surely impeding someone from achieving what they wanted is DISabling, not ENabling! It's certainly not enabling for the recipient. The only thing I can see that it possibly enables, is the person loading on the peer pressure, to feel marginally less stupid for having bought so much crap, because now someone else is doing it too.

Top Bottom