What's new

Did Gillette change the scent of regular Foamy too?

I haven't even seen regular Foamy around in any stores lately. The sensitive one is the only one that is carried around here. I wonder what's going on with that?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The change in Foamy's scent is unfortunate. I picked up a can a month or two ago, as I always keep a can on hand. After reading this thread, I gave it a spray and was greeted with the stench of its new formula. In the garbage it goes. Shame.
I'm still tempted to search out the most back water out of the way drug store in a small town I can find. No chain store crap and see if I can snag a can of the original original.

I'm still tempted to search out the most back water out of the way drug store in a small town I can find. No chain store crap and see if I can snag a can of the original original.
I found some of the "old stuff" on the shelf at a Kwik Trip gas station. There's probably still some out there in a weird place most people don't by shaving supplies at. Like a gas station. :laugh:

I've used the new stuff now three times and actually have come to not really mind the scent. I don't use it that much since for canned stuff I also have a can of Proraso shave foam and two cans of it from the Dollar Tree. I'm not that fussy. :lol:
IMG_20221105_142458.jpg

I noticed the change earlier this year and it's pretty bad. It's identical to their Fusion foam that I had and have not thrown away yet. The scent is way too overpowering and lingers even if you shave in the shower and rinse off. Its not even as good a shave compared to the original. The new version is not good for sensitive skin because of the perfume they added.
The Gillette Foamy Sensitive changed as well and is the same as the red new Foamy. I read a ton of reviews online on Google, Amazon and Walmart. They all say the same thing. One even states that they use it to clean pee stains on their bathroom floor that were made by their son who they are potty training. That sounds about right. This was Gillete's "New Coke " moment that I remember from my childhood. They deserve the flack.

Attachments

• Old.jpg
    Old.jpg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 39
  • New.jpg
    New.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Same.jpg
    Same.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Dollar tree had some of the 2oz original cans last time I checked.

This whole mess is annoying enough so I figured I'd contribute.
And I am NO expert in any of these corporate shenanigans.
HOWEVER: from what I understand, Gillette is different in every country.
I used the Lemon-Lime Foamy for many years, and now IT is discontinued.
I see where greedy capitalist scammers are selling cans on ebuy (what idiot would name it eBAY when it is Electronic BUYing?) for $12, $18, $28. and similarly on Amazon.
It IS available in Singapore from SHOPEE, but they can't ship to the US.
I bought some OTHER brands and they are all DISGUSTING. The edge is hideous; even the Barbasol is awful.
But here's the thing: other flavor/food/scent markets are rediscovering lemon-lime; see this:

Starry, from Pepsi, a new lemon-lime soda, is rolling out to grocery and convenience stores this week. It’s replacing Sierra Mist, a 24-year-old brand that has failed to gain traction against market leader Sprite, which is owned by main rival Coca-Cola.
Pepsi’s internal research showed that “demand for lemon lime flavored soda has never been greater,” the company said in a statement.

Happy new year and ONWARD into the sociopoliticaleconomic abyss that is 2023.

I noticed the change earlier this year and it's pretty bad. It's identical to their Fusion foam that I had and have not thrown away yet. The scent is way too overpowering and lingers even if you shave in the shower and rinse off. Its not even as good a shave compared to the original. The new version is not good for sensitive skin because of the perfume they added.
The Gillette Foamy Sensitive changed as well and is the same as the red new Foamy. I read a ton of reviews online on Google, Amazon and Walmart. They all say the same thing. One even states that they use it to clean pee stains on their bathroom floor that were made by their son who they are potty training. That sounds about right. This was Gillete's "New Coke " moment that I remember from my childhood. They deserve the flack.

I’m sure team Barbasol is happy about Gillette shooting themselves in the foot ☺️

Bought a travel can of Gillette Foamy Regular at Rite-Aid while on vacation. Big mistake! Had no idea that Gillette changed the scent. Rather disappointed! Smell is overpowering not clean and crisp like the original.
Can anyone verify if the Gillette Foamy Sensitive scent changed? Thanks much.

Bought a travel can of Gillette Foamy Regular at Rite-Aid while on vacation. Big mistake! Had no idea that Gillette changed the scent. Rather disappointed! Smell is overpowering not clean and crisp like the original.
Can anyone verify if the Gillette Foamy Sensitive scent changed? Thanks much.

Yep, that one stinks now too. Hardly a sensitive formulation.

I bought my first can of Foamy recently and it smelled warm and spicy, very similar to Old Spice. I went down a rabbit hole and apparently so many people complained to Gillette that they changed the scent back. I thought I'd pass this along based on my new can and what was posted on Reddit.

I bought my first can of Foamy recently and it smelled warm and spicy, very similar to Old Spice. I went down a rabbit hole and apparently so many people complained to Gillette that they changed the scent back. I thought I'd pass this along based on my new can and what was posted on Reddit.

Can we see a picture of the can? The pessimist in me thinks you got an older can with the old (good) scent…

Can we see a picture of the can? The pessimist in me thinks you got an older can with the old (good) scent…
I'm at work right now, but I thought the same thing, too, when I first read the report. However, the can has the new design, but has 2023 clearly printed on the back. In contrast, the Foamy Sensitive I bought off the same shelf at the same time has 2021 printed on back.

I know the sensitive changed but I'm reading new reviews and everybody's saying the regular Foamy smells horrible. Leave it to Gillette to ruin something that works.
Awful. Absolutely AWFUL! Used it for 35 years (regular before I discovered their sensitive skin version) and now I use Barbasol…temporarily until I can find a “scent free” alternative that is great for sensitive skin. Way to screw it up Gillette! Curious as to why they went with “that” scent.

Top Bottom