Desert Boots

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Oh… I forgot to show the extra laces.

7D5C056A-A3AB-4E0F-8951-28B9787D0F97.jpeg
85021DE6-9CF6-4CB0-94B1-A7B54FEDB0CC.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Your eye and tastes are far keener than mine, Bob. I most likely wouldn't have picked up on those differences, without them being pointed out to me. I don't tend to see much beyond the generalities, unless there's a performance/comfort issue which leaps out at me.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Your eye and tastes are far keener than mine, Bob. I most likely wouldn't have picked up on those differences, without them being pointed out to me. I don't tend to see much beyond the generalities, unless there's a performance/comfort issue which leaps out at me.

Oh I wouldn’t say that. I’ve seen some of your handy work with shoes (and shoe modifications) and your attention to detail certainly requires a discerning eye. :thumbup1:

I have 2 pairs of Veldskoens and am considering 2 more. I also recently received a pair of Velasca Flizzon (Not pictured). The Velasca Flizzon are dressier but not that wide so I prefer the Veldskoens but will keep all three.

Attachments

• 1328383-Veldskoen_Heritage-All-color_BLACK1_F7F7F7_032422_5000x.jpg
    1328383-Veldskoen_Heritage-All-color_BLACK1_F7F7F7_032422_5000x.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 5
  • veldskoen-shoes-boots-men-s-eight-feet-chukka-29925762269244_2000x.jpg
    veldskoen-shoes-boots-men-s-eight-feet-chukka-29925762269244_2000x.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 4

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I have 2 pairs of Veldskoens and am considering 2 more. I also recently received a pair of Velasca Flizzon (Not pictured). The Velasca Flizzon are dressier but not that wide so I prefer the Veldskoens but will keep pall three.

I picked up a pair of the Flizzon as well from Velasca and I am enjoying them.
8851269C-1F5A-48A7-8166-6D8339751B45.jpeg

Last edited:
I have 2 pairs of Veldskoens and am considering 2 more. I also recently received a pair of Velasca Flizzon (Not pictured). The Velasca Flizzon are dressier but not that wide so I prefer the Veldskoens but will keep all three.
I have the heritage ‘farmer’ with the gray sole, probably for no reason other than they lay the claim to be the model on which all other DBs and derivatives are based. They’re incredibly comfy, but not as versatile as they really can’t be dressed up in a way that Clark’s and other DBs can. They’re truly a working shoe.

I have the heritage ‘farmer’ with the gray sole, probably for no reason other than they lay the claim to be the model on which all other DBs and derivatives are based. They’re incredibly comfy, but not as versatile as they really can’t be dressed up in a way that Clark’s and other DBs can. They’re truly a working shoe.
I have the heritage in black sole. I have no problem wearing either of my vellies for a night out. I am retired and don't sweat dressing up too much. I tried the Clark's first but found them pretty uncomfortable.

I have this one as well. A little dressier.

It is true that the Velasca is the dressiest of the bunch but I like a variety of boots.

Cant seem to find out what model this Clark is? The model is 13285 but Google tells me that its a womens desert boot. The sole has a Clark leather patch onthe bottom and it is lined with a plaid design on the sides and a fabric sock liner with "Clarks est 1825". Also that leather Clarks label is on the outside of each boot.

Attachments

• 20230501_120502_resized.jpg
    20230501_120502_resized.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230501_120519_resized.jpg
    20230501_120519_resized.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230501_120524_resized.jpg
    20230501_120524_resized.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230501_120515_resized.jpg
    20230501_120515_resized.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 6
I've been thinking of desert boots a lot lately, and have spent too much time re-reading this thread. :laugh:

I was able to try on two pairs of Bushacre Chukkas (size 12 and 13) at my local Clark's outlet about week ago and decided 12 was probably my size at Clark's. Didn't like what I found at the outlet, but decided to shop around online. Ended up buying a pair of Clark's Original Desert Boots from the Clark's USA eBay store for $69.99 with free shipping on Monday, and they were delivered today. They are a beautiful cream color...that the box calls "off-white." The flat laces have nice metal tips, and the round laces have plastic tips.

Pleasantly surprised to see that my boots were made in Portugal and the quality seems at least a step or two above the made-in-India Bushacres that I saw at the outlet. At first look, they appear to have quality similar to my Astorflex Ettoflex boots, so for the price I'm very happy. Everything in the outlet was two pairs for $99, but I think they were marked $69 or even $79 apiece.

Wore them around the house a bit today and they feel good in size 12. I'm a little nervous that the color might be too light, but man they look good on their own. :laugh:

And, what the story with the leather fobs that they give you with these?

IMG_8812.JPG

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I've been thinking of desert boots a lot lately, and have spent too much time re-reading this thread. :laugh:

I was able to try on two pairs of Bushacre Chukkas (size 12 and 13) at my local Clark's outlet about week ago and decided 12 was probably my size at Clark's. Didn't like what I found at the outlet, but decided to shop around online. Ended up buying a pair of Clark's Original Desert Boots from the Clark's USA eBay store for $69.99 with free shipping on Monday, and they were delivered today. They are a beautiful cream color...that the box calls "off-white." The flat laces have nice metal tips, and the round laces have plastic tips.

Pleasantly surprised to see that my boots were made in Portugal and the quality seems at least a step or two above the made-in-India Bushacres that I saw at the outlet. At first look, they appear to have quality similar to my Astorflex Ettoflex boots, so for the price I'm very happy. Everything in the outlet was two pairs for $99, but I think they were marked $69 or even $79 apiece.

Wore them around the house a bit today and they feel good in size 12. I'm a little nervous that the color might be too light, but man they look good on their own. :laugh:

And, what the story with the leather fobs that they give you with these?

View attachment 1715444
Those look great and at a great price too. If you feel that the color is on the lighter side, you can always put spray them with a suede protector to waterproof them and that should darken them a bit. Also, just wearing them out and about should also darken them though not as much as a waterproof spray.

Those look great and at a great price too. If you feel that the color is on the lighter side, you can always put spray them with a suede protector to waterproof them and that should darken them a bit. Also, just wearing them out and about should also darken them though not as much as a waterproof spray.
Thank you! I did spray them with suede protector last night. Surprisingly, I don't think the color changed much, if at all. Wore them out and about this morning, and wow, they are very comfortable!

IMG_8823.JPG

Top Bottom