What's new

Custom Vie-Long 12705 Horse Hair brush

Here at Gifts & Care.

According to the Gifts & Care site in the "Barber Horse Brush" section:

Horsehair and Extra Horsehair. “Extra horsehair” denomination is given to hair that is taken through a dedicate it process to provide a great soft feeling to the hair.

my local online shop doesn't appear to have what i need. here is their vie-long line-up, which includes some unthinkable cross-breeding:

http://www.fendrihan.com/brushes-vielong-c-116_3_140.html

v.

Nothing wrong with the combo Hair, but you'll find a wider selection at Gifts & Care. If you'd like the loft or knot at other then Factory setting, just include your instructions in the Comments Box when checking out, Great Customer Service is Always provided and if someone knows the B&B discount code can you post it for the Final temptation :sneaky2: :001_tt2: :w00t:.

Well after reading about your custom lofts, I decided to kill two birds with one stone... Custom Vie-Long in a Rudy Vey Handle. I'm sending my 13713, don't care too much for the shape of the Handle, I requested a Jade Green acrylic. I requested a loft of 45 & no higher then 47, and the knot is 20... of course. I gotta say the SBAD has to be the costliest AD you can have.

My custom 12705 (1 cm shorter loft), came in yesterday and I used it this morning: feels great on my face. The standard 12705 was one of my favorites, but this one is even better :thumbup: Soft, but lots of backbone.

Maybe it's my imagination, but the brown (extra) hair isn't as funky, and has better backbone than the standard hair. Wil, isn't it soft and luxurious feeling?

Maybe it's my imagination, but the brown (extra) hair isn't as funky, and has better backbone than the standard hair. Wil, isn't it soft and luxurious feeling?

Oh yes. The 12705 has its own mix of mane and tail hair : 35/65 instead of 25/75 like the pro brushes, and 50/50 for the others. I think this is a very good mix, just a tad softer than the pro, but still plenty of back bone :thumbup:

Well, this seemed like the best place to post this...Let's talk about a couple things related to horse hair.

Anyone try out the professional black horse hair (extra)?

I see mixed things, tail hair vs. mane hair and which one makes a brush softer, so which one is it?

Loft, anyone have multiple lofts of horse hair brushes and want to give some insight on how short is too short? Especially considering that the knots in the professional brushes are set at an outrageous 60mm and I was looking at less than 50mm for sure for my brushes.

Next, who has some of the mixed brushes from Vie-Long? Like a badger and horse mix, how does it compare?

Finally here are the three handles that I really like and am going to be picking up;

handle 1
handle 2
handle 3

The second two I will probably end up getting the brown and black hair brushes (the white one probably with the black extra and the black and clear with the brown extra). The first handle I guess I am going to leave with horse/badger mix and I might change the loft a little bit. Any suggestion on customizing these would be greatly appreciated.

Finally a couple last things, yes, Juan at Gifts and Care is an amazing vendor/person. He responds within hours, he answers random questions that are probably foolish heh. He is willing to work with you to get you what you want, and that right there is brilliant. If you want horse, seriously talk to Juan or just order from Gifts and Care, you will be happy.

And last, but certainly not least, TZee any update on the brush, how is the loft working out, how does the brush compare to other things you have? Do you find the loft at 47mm to be alright?

As always gents, thank you for any help...SBAD kind of just settled in this week so probably gonna be going crazy for a bit heh.

Top Bottom