What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

A generous B&B member responded to my recent post - a WTB for a 6"x2" Les Latneuses coticule. I jumped at his offer and I am glad I did.

It may look familiar to some B&B members as is has been around a little bit. Now that I've had a chance to run a few blades over it, I can say for sure it's found a home for good.
The top has a red blush to it and provides a satisfying 'sweeping' sound during honing. The hybrid side is damn hard so it provides almost no sound. The thing that got my attention was how it grabs the blade while using water only. Not skipping or sticky more like a suction.
The shaves have been extremely good. I've used several coticules in recent years, no expert that's for sure, but this guy is above them all. It gives that legendary coticule edge - squeegee-like without fear of cuts.

Woah when i saw the wtb ad, I was like "good luck *sarcasm" but looks like u got a drool worthy les lat

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stones guys. This thread has managed to spark my coti want again and I bought a new stone. Came in today. Measures at 7 x 1 9/16 x 1 1/16 thick. Almost a 1/4 inch of straight coti thickness. Pretty fast on slurry but slows down nicely on water however I still see some metal being removed on water so I guess it's sort of moderate. Feels very fine. It's harder than my other stones and makes a similar screeching sound to my old Les Lat hybrid sometimes. It also makes a nice swooshing sound as a razor passes over it. I think this one might make me sell my other ones as I really do want to reduce my den, I just don't use them enough but I still keep buying more.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396329245.313425.jpg

Ya it was just too good and I was looking for a faster one. Any guesses on the vein. I was thinking possibly a veinette but are they usually this hard?

Sure $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396330724.411409.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396330734.221952.jpg
And one of the combo BBW. I compared the BBW to another that I have and this one seems to have more visible dots that I think are garnets.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396330771.826867.jpg

Could be la veinette but I'm terrible at this... Probably a coticule of unknown layer maybe we should call these stone layers La CUL layer hahahahah

Ya i like that a lot. This one reminds me of a 5x2.5 and an old rock that I used to have except that it is faster on slurry. I have been looking for a faster one for a while since I tend to my coticules more for midrange work to clean up the bevel after my DMT.

Top Bottom