What's new

Cost for 59 lbs. of Personna blades in 1950

Receipt from 1950 for twelve thousand Personna double edge blades.
IMG_3918 (2).JPG

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
$184 for 59 pounds of blades? That's about 3.12 $/lb. Cheaper than bologna.
Thank you for the thread @AnimalCatcher !

And @tube_guy : thanks for making me cry! I was at the local grocery store, and, granted, the Bologna I eat is a premium brand, locally made, but it was always on sale pre-Covid days for around $1.99/lb..... This time it was 6.99/lb!

I wish my lovely War Department were right when she says that I'm, "full of Bologna!"

And @tube_guy : thanks for making me cry! I was at the local grocery store, and, granted, the Bologna I eat is a premium brand, locally made, but it was always on sale pre-Covid days for around $1.99/lb..... This time it was 6.99/lb!

I wish my lovely War Department were right when she says that I'm, "full of Bologna!"
Fun fact… Bologna is referred to in Canada as “Newfie Steak”.

Throw a few slices in a frying pan and serve for breakfast with eggs. Damned delicious, I’ll tell you what. 👍

Receipt from 1950 for twelve thousand Personna double edge blades. View attachment 1654349
Do we have any idea what kind of Personna DE blade was being sold here?

Are they DE or SE? I suppose we could ID them from the Personna Stock No. A 20J but that might take some digging in the files.

What was the Personna range in 1950?

Pics anyone?

Sorry for all the questions Gents, but you know me by now, I got an obsession with tiny details from the great past! :letterk1:

Last edited:

Cheaper than bologna is my usual standard whenever I'm buying something. I go to buy a toolbox or an old used machinist vise, I always calculate the cost per pound and compare it to the price of bologna to see if it's worth buying or not. These days, with the actual price of bologna, it's become a lot less useful and a lot more tearful. That's for sure.

Do we have any idea what kind of Personna DE blade was being sold here?

Are they DE or SE?

What was the Personna range in 1950?

Pics anyone?
I wrote double edge and shouldn't have because in 1950 Personna sold single edge blades and injector blades as well as double edge blades.

I may have missed it, but that H. G. Lipscomb sure sounds like a distribution company. Also considering the quantity on order. I would bet that 50 units is one pallet worth because the blade cartons I have seen are small, but it could be 2 or more pallets!

At the top of the receipt on the left side the word “PAL” is stamped. Personna did make PAL branded DE blades but they are more well known for the PAL single edge blades, which are still made today.

Also, the company is still in business.

Top Bottom