What's new

Coolcut 9 Injector Shavette - Sanguine Artist Club?

I have done, they refunded the shipping cost as I had paid for 1st class shipping. I've since emailed them again because after 5 days I really don't think it's ever going to arrive.

You should contact the vendor. Mine arrive in 2 days

Sent from Mars

I have done, they refunded the shipping cost as I had paid for 1st class shipping. I've since emailed them again because after 5 days I really don't think it's ever going to arrive.

Sorry to hear bro i hope they can resolve it to your satisfaction.

Interested how it will end up.

Sent from Mars

My parents said a package arrived on Monday. Not much use to me now, but I'm waiting for confirmation that it's the razor before I contact the seller.
1 week for first class shipping in the same small country is a joke.

It used to be great, but these days, not so much.

I agree - I've had a first class parcel arrive 6 weeks late (!) and my daughter's birthday cards were posted on a Wednesday but didn't arrive by Saturday.
It's just rubbish service considering that First Class used to guarantee next day delivery.

The staff in my Post Office are excellent, it's the Royal Mail system that has deteriorated.

Ah well, nothing I can do about it now. I'll probably forget and it'll be a nice surprise next time I visit the UK. That's assuming I don't just order one off eBay and have it shipped over here!

For those of you using this shavette, how is it working over time? Now that first impressions are done, do you still like the razor? Have you found stuff that is great for it, as well as stuff that doesn't work the way you want?

Do they fit it? I was under the impression that it takes regular injector blades, which are shorter than the Feather/Kai type.

You need to grind/cut them, but I have heard of people doing it for the injector safety razors. I like the option of more blades even if it takes some tinkering.

Maybe feather DE blades snapped in half also...

I underestimated the personna blades. They tore me up first shave being used to my own SR edges and never starting with a DE or shavette. Suffice to say I hone a much more shave friendly edge than these blade factories.

The injector blades are mad sharp. HHT5+ with my thin hair. For my second shave I loaded fresh blade(dropped first) and stropped it on vintage broke in barber's special Shell strop that isn't pristine so not worried about scuffing.

The resulting shave was one of top 3 in my life for comfort. Damn near BBS and felt so good after I used my Sherlock alcohol based aftershave with menthol with NO burn. Pleasant tingles. I NOW LOVE THIS RAZOR, my go to in a rush shaver now since DE blades are sold NO WHERE around my town in any store.

This is coming from a 25 year old with a face sensitive as a childs behind but coarse irish gypsy trapper hair inherited from my great+ grandaddy's. I guess they were crazy mountain men gypsys who trapped for furs until industrialization and then became evil drunks( like my uncivilized psycho killer grandad). My pops is just a bad *** old beer drinking savage though, hates his evil father.

Just found out my crazy family history recently. Always wondered why we had no damn money, now I know! Damn gypsies!

Drunk so go grammar/spell check someone else please. :)

Hi Guys

I have bought one and it does feel substantial.

Unfortunately i am not getting great shaves and i was wondering whether i could strop it?

I am doing all the prep and stretching skin and taking slow, it just feels like its tugging as opposed to slicing through (could be technique)

i am not sure how i like the Personna blades as i am a Feather in my Safety Razor kind of guy!

has anyone used a Feather AC razor in this or modded a blade?

Could be you have a duff Personna blade there - they are normally more than sharp enough to do a great job [emoji3]

My first shave with mine I must have lost concentration and have myself a one inch gash on my right cheekbone. Almost matches the one on my left from a year or so back, but the left hand side scar is only half an inch.
It's been relegated to the shelf for now, but its turn will come again soon!

Top Bottom