What's new

Coolcut 9 Injector Shavette - Sanguine Artist Club?

Howdy, my CC9 landed today. (i am working from home) here are my initial impressions:

Pros:
- This thing sure has a nice weight.
- Nice balance
- Easy sliding mechanism, better than most inexpensive shavette.
- Holds the blade quite tightly.

Cons:
- Plating is decent but not flawless.
- Well the blade is not full length so if you are using the heel it won't cut.

It sure is not feather/kai but it costs 10 times less so for the money I think the build quality is very good. Finally a good inexpensive option readily available.

I ll shave tonight with it!

Ok just got my first shave with CC9. It really is a great razor for the money. In past, I got rid of all the inexpensive shavette I had (read under 10£ each) as they were so unsatisfactory. The CC9 is really outsanding for the money and worth keeping.

Now, I can safely point anyone who is curious about shavette and straight to those.

The only downside, the blade is not full length and it can be tricky to see where it end. I am sure with a bit of habit i ll get used to it.

Will it replace my Feather / Kai ? No way they are so much better but for the money it performs great. Highly recommended.

Well, after ordering my razor on Sunday and paying for the express delivery, the razor didn't arrive at all and I leave the UK tomorrow morning, long before the postman will arrive. Very disappointed with Sanguine Razors.

This razor looks like my Monsieur Charles.
How many grams does it weigh? My Monsieur Charles is 55g and am wwondering if the coolcut is close.

This razor looks like my Monsieur Charles.
How many grams does it weigh? My Monsieur Charles is 55g and am wwondering if the coolcut is close.

I'm pretty sure that the CC9 is a clone of the Monsieur Charles or a rebranding - it even has the same hexagonal motif on the side.

I'm pretty sure that the CC9 is a clone of the Monsieur Charles or a rebranding - it even has the same hexagonal motif on the side.
I feel like it's a clone. I compared them side by side and the coolcut was lighter and didn't feel as sturdy. It still preformed wonderfully.

My MC is 55g with a blade loaded so the weight must be the same. I will agree with Mark, most probably its a rebrand.

A great shaver especially if loaded with a vintage personna stainless.

Do you guys have any issues with the blades shifting while shaving, or the blades getting rusty after a few days? Amazon has both issues being reported for the Monsieur Charles in reviews.

Do you guys have any issues with the blades shifting while shaving, or the blades getting rusty after a few days? Amazon has both issues being reported for the Monsieur Charles in reviews.

It s holded tightly. About rusting i have only shaves Mine a few times but i don't why the blade would rust nore in this razor than my injector i normally use them in

Sent from Mars

Just shaved with mine for the first time yesterday. I few times the blade holder slid out a smidgen. I don't know if there is a way to make it tighter or not. Other than that it is a really nice shaver.

Just shaved with mine for the first time yesterday. I few times the blade holder slid out a smidgen. I don't know if there is a way to make it tighter or not. Other than that it is a really nice shaver.

Make sure you push the tab up to the end.

Sent from Mars

Five days after shipping and my razor still hasn't arrived. I don't think it ever will and even if it does I won't pick it up until the end of the year. Grrrrrrr! 👿

Five days after shipping and my razor still hasn't arrived. I don't think it ever will and even if it does I won't pick it up until the end of the year. Grrrrrrr! [emoji49]

You should contact the vendor. Mine arrive in 2 days

Sent from Mars

Top Bottom