What's new

Considerations for a 2010 Shave Purchase Sabbatical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vowed to spend just $1 a day in 2010 ... there are 19 days left in December, and I have $24 left in my PayPal account, so I think I'm ahead of the game.

2011 will be a lot tougher. My goal for next year is to not spend any money at all, and any new purchases next year must be funded from stuff I've sold on BST. Furthermore, I'd like to wind up with about a $100 surplus to kick off 2012.

Luckily, my needs and wants and desires have slowed down considerably. Closing in on 3 years of wet-shaving, I now have a much clearer idea of what products I like, so I don't have to jump on every product just to try it out. Plus, I've got enough surplus and backstock on most of my regular rotation that I won't be needing to replace anything for quite a while.

Some of the things I'll be shopping for in 2011 ... a high-end boar brush for soaps, and a silvertip brush for creams. I'll also be concentrating more on products from the artisans, craftsmen and independent Vendors here on B&B, that make their own lines in-house, by hand.

Some of the things I'll be selling in 2011 ... Hehe, just wait and see.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Although my purchases were somewhat under "control" in 2010 as opposed to my previous "train out of control" purchase tactics, I can say, with complete confidence, that my participation in the 2010 Shave Purchase Sabbatical was a dismal and utter failure.

2010 Purchases:

Simpson 90th Anniversary Limited Edition Astor #56
Simpson Tulip 2
Simpson 56
Simpson customized Eagle G3 in Best
Simpson Harvard H4
Simpson Classic 2
DR Harris Arlington Bath Soap
DR Harris Arlington Shave Soap
DR Harris Arlington Aftershave
DR Harris Arlington Cologne
3 bottles of Thayers Lavender witch hazel
100 Red Israeli Personnas blades
100 Israeli Personnas blades
Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic
Pashana Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic
Col. Conk Styptic Pen
Brian sent me 5 paks of Injector blades (thanks again!)

I may make several other purchases (the Simpson Berkeley 46 is calling my name) just to give me a running head start for the 2011 Purchase Sabbatical. Yes, I am a loser. But a extemely well-shaved loser. :biggrin:

ARE THERE ANY SURVIVORS OUT THERE !!!!!

No, you sound like you have everything under control:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom