What's new

Concealed Carry Awkward Moments

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Had a lady in church throw her arm around me in a hug unexpectedly, arm did not make it down in time and her hand landed right on my Glock.

The look she gave me was real interesting till I explained ...
"Yes, that actually IS a gun in my pocket, and no, I'm not "really glad" to see you." :001_rolle
I got married with my off duty weapon

I got married with my fiancee. To each his own, I guess.

Why carry weapons inside a church? Why?
I attend a synagogue that receives threats of violence with each major holiday. The place needs to be swept for bombs and has off duty police outside. Members are not dissuaded from carrying-the head of security just wants healed members to let him know so they know who to count on, just in case. Sadly, the Nazis are not all gone.
On lighter note, after attending a lecture at a local hotel I was waiting for my car to be brought around-I had to sneeze and without thinking swept my coat and jacket back to get to my handkerchief revealing my HK P7. There was a dinner meeting of local law enforcement agencies just breaking up at the same time and I got a few quick looks and then little laughs as they watched me try to quickly cover up!!

I know it sounds goofy.

I do not have a concealed carry license, and am not carrying water for all you gun nuts. :lol:
But ...

I do have a friend who goes to church out in the country, who wished he or someone had a gun, when a crazy person, who was armed, walked into their country church with crazy talk, and threats, and who did indeed brandish a gun. The county deputies are usually hours away from your 911 call. It was an uncomfortable time for them all.

I had a good reason some years ago -- and not only in a church, I actually took several firearms into the BANK!

In April of 1981, I was getting out of the Marine Corps. My last week or so at Cherry Point, I had bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk, and since I was so close to leaving, they wouldn't let me store it in the armory. Thus, it became my constant companion -- not only in church, but also everywhere else I went! I had it in a plain brown box and nobody noticed what it said on the end of the box...

My last DAY at Cherry Point, I had everything packed up on my motorcycle, but I needed to stop at the bank to close my account. Pulled up out front, parked, then grabbed the rifle (in a hard case) and the Ruger and walked inside and straight to the bank president's office. He sure had big eyes when I walked in! But when I explained the whole situation to him, he allowed me to set everything in a corner of his office until I was finished out front. Quite the experience!

When I was in Israel in 1979, I was quite surprised when I saw people carrying guns everywhere I went.

These were not concealed weapons. They were wearing pistols in a holster, or rifles slung over their shoulders. Out in the open, for everyone to see.

Shopkeepers. Bus drivers. Restaurant waiters. Schoolteachers chaperoning children on a field trip. Everyone was packing heat.

I guess it was a culture-shock thing. I wasn't expecting this, but after a couple of days, it started to seem normal.

We saw the same thing back in 73. I was stationed in Turkey with the USAF and we took a tour.

We have a picture of a very young feamale soldier waiting alone at a bus stop outside Jerico, miniskirt, sandles, empty shopping bag, and Uzi.

I got cited for unauthorized concealed carry in a combat zone.

No lie.

Up in Iraq, you had to show your weapon to enter the dining facilities, supposedly to ensure you were carrying it instead of leaving it in your workplace. I routinely carried mine on a belt holster which, when standing, fell beneath my uniform top. I had to get in the habit of lifting my top so that the guards could verify I was armed.

Up in Iraq, you had to show your weapon to enter the dining facilities, supposedly to ensure you were carrying it instead of leaving it in your workplace. I routinely carried mine on a belt holster which, when standing, fell beneath my uniform top. I had to get in the habit of lifting my top so that the guards could verify I was armed.

I carried my M-9 like that sometimes and also had to routinely lift my uniform top to verify I was packing heat. We actually had guys that didn't want to take their M-16s outside because they felt they would never leave the vehicle, stupid.

We saw the same thing back in 73. I was stationed in Turkey with the USAF and we took a tour.

We have a picture of a very young feamale soldier waiting alone at a bus stop outside Jerico, miniskirt, sandles, empty shopping bag, and Uzi.

Cool pic!!!

In Arizona, you no longer need a permit to carry-concealed. But you can still GET permits if you want. They allow you to carry in certain areas, they allow you to buy firearms without a Brady-check and they are necessary if you want to claim reciprocity in another state.

My story is about another person and open-carry.

I was in a rather seedy section of Phoenix when a woman approached me. She had that look of serious mental-illness and had a large revolver stuck into the front of her pants.

With a glazed look and an extremely frustrated tone, she demanded that I tell her where a certain bar was located. In all honesty, I had never heard of that particular bar.

But... I quickly told her... "walk two blocks down, turn right, walk another block and a half... you can't miss it."

Then I walked in the opposite direction! :sneaky2:

In Arizona, you no longer need a permit to carry-concealed. But you can still GET permits if you want. They allow you to carry in certain areas, they allow you to buy firearms without a Brady-check and they are necessary if you want to claim reciprocity in another state.

I was in a rather seedy section of Phoenix when a woman approached me. She had that look of serious mental-illness and had a large revolver stuck into the front of her pants.

With a glazed look and an extremely frustrated tone, she demanded that I tell her where a certain bar was located. In all honesty, I had never heard of that particular bar.

But... I quickly told her... "walk two blocks down, turn right, walk another block and a half... you can't miss it."

That is good thinking on your feet. Best thing you could have done.

Sheesh you should avoid me then:lol:

Love the pic!

In high school in the '80s one of my freinds had grown up in Isreal. One of his vacation pics was of 2 off duty female Isreali soldiers walking down the beach in Haifa in bikinis & combats boots with m16s and a bandoleer of mags slung. Wish I had that picture but he never would give it up.

Sexiest damn thing you ever saw!

Jay

Love the pic!

In high school in the '80s one of my freinds had grown up in Isreal. One of his vacation pics was of 2 off duty female Isreali soldiers walking down the beach in Haifa in bikinis & combats boots with m16s and a bandoleer of mags slung. Wish I had that picture but he never would give it up.

Sexiest damn thing you ever saw!

Jay
proxy.php

Now thats very street smart,way to go:thumbup1:

Top Bottom