What's new

Self Defense/Concealed Carry

Or should ordinary citizens be able to own anything they desire in terms of "arms": C-4, grenades, atomic materials/bombs...
....That is an absurdly dead horse made of straw and no great compliment to the artist who constructed and continues to groom it.....

Yep. He must have a set as big as basketballs!

This country needs more like him.

I will definately second that...I mean come on...making inmates wear Pink..i mean everything right down to the underwear!! The Tent Prison...I mean damn.... and everyone there loves him too. GO SHERIFF JOE

ok, sorry to sidetrack the thread..... :lol:

Well, I draw the line at suitcase nukes. I really wouldn't want to use a bazooka, but if someone else wants to who am I to stop them. The government's responsibility is only to restrict freedom when it interferes with others' freedom. This means the government should protect me from force and fraud of other people.

The problem is, that's easy to say, but there needs to be a specific legal test, otherwise EVERY new thing that comes out needs to be re-tested in court. That's what I'm looking for here: is there a line, and where -precisely, and in a way that's applicable to future scenarios - is it?

I don't take a **** and a shave without my Glock. :smile:

Seriously, I have my concealed carry permit and always carry when I'm outdoors but with any weapon comes great responsibility and what you learn to get your permit is good basics, State and general laws but you should hit the shooting range more often and work on your shooting and defense abilities and stay that way. Safety, safe storage, regular cleaning and checking the functioning of your gun even if not used for a prolonged period of time should be part of your responsibility. Just my 02 cents.

I worked in law enforcement all my life. 25 years as a police firearms instructor. I've met people who have killed other people just to see what it was like. There is EVIL outthere!!! I walk around my house with a loaded gun, take one every where I go. Best to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Stay safe!!!

Well, I draw the line at suitcase nukes. I really wouldn't want to use a bazooka, but if someone else wants to who am I to stop them. The government's responsibility is only to restrict freedom when it interferes with others' freedom. This means the government should protect me from force and fraud of other people.

I understand your point.

In a few months when I am old enough to get said permit I plan to. I may not carry right of the bat since I am in school. I cant carry there but after that who knows?
Anyone know how hard it is to do down here in Texas?

Most important thing... Take a safety class whether your state requires it or not. It is irresponsible to get a permit and carry a gun unless properly trained!

I would also encourage everyone who can get one, to do so, for the reasons DanOK stated.

+1

Top Bottom