What's new

Circuit City Blowout!

I've been drooling for an HD set for sometime. I have a 36" digital Philips that has an incredible picture and there's nothing wrong with it, except the thing is huge and heavy. I really the the Philips HD sets and I spotted one at Target -- 47" 1080 for 989.00. It was really tempting, but a tv really isn't a necessity for me right now.

I don't see where Jerk-it City is having such great bargains as advertised. Several friends of mine went in and saw items that were hundreds less than before they filed bankruptcy.

I'm sitting this one out.

A little shopping around online can reveal way better deals for the same models than what you can find at Circuit City right now.

Years ago another national retail went out of business here. There was an item there that I was keeping my eye on as the discounts grew. The sell off started at 10% off the sticker price and eventually climbed to over 50% off as the closeout sale went on. I never did buy that item that I wanted.

Why?

I noticed right away that most of the merchandise that I was looking at there had two price stickers on them, one on top of the other. Pealing back the top one on a few items revealed that price on the sticker underneath was lower. When the percentage off increased from 20% to 30% I went back and looked. Sure enough, a new batch of price stickers had been put over the previous ones. The sticker price had gone up again.

Top Bottom