What's new

Chubby Chasers

Sign me up.
IMG_1933.jpeg

I have a chubby 2 in the more expensive platinum fibre, and like it a lot, nice and soft. However, it is a bit springy for face lathering. Any recommendations on another chubby suited to face lathering. Would the chubby 3 synthetic be better, badger ? If badger, which chubby and type of hair? Is best greatly inferior to super, silvertip which i understand is soft.
Many thanks.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have a chubby 2 in the more expensive platinum fibre, and like it a lot, nice and soft. However, it is a bit springy for face lathering. Any recommendations on another chubby suited to face lathering. Would the chubby 3 synthetic be better, badger ? If badger, which chubby and type of hair? Is best greatly inferior to super, silvertip which i understand is soft.
Many thanks.
If you like the size of the Chubby 2 synthetic then be aware that the Chubby 2 in Best or Super is a much larger brush on the face, and the Chubby 3 even more so. You might look around and be lucky to find an older Chubby 2 synthetic badger as shown below which is lofted at 54mm, compared to the current 50mm, with the original version of the Platinum fibre - it splays nicely and is not springy. Regarding the hair quality - Best is not inferior to Super at all, in fact I greatly prefer it. To my taste Super is far too soft - my order of preference would be Manchurian, Best, Platinum, and then Pure. I would not purchase Super as I simply would not use it, and I would not purchase two band SiLVERTiP because I do not believe that the knots are hand tied by Simpson staff at the factory on the Isle Of Man. Good luck.

1700141943751.png

Many thanks.
I really don’t like Simpson synthetic knots. I have owned more than a few Platinum and Sovereign brushes and sold them all. I am not a big Synth fan anyways, but Simpson synth knots are just “meh” IMO.

I own all grades of Simpson badger hair and Best is by far the best value. It is very close to Super and noticeably better (unless you love scratchy hard bristled brushes) than Pure. Manchurian is better and Silvertip is even better than Manchurian (IMO only).

If I didnt own my Silvertip CH2 and had to buy a new CH2, I would buy Silvertip if I had the $$$ and Best if I wanted to same some $$$. Simpson Best badger is as good or better than many other manufacturers HMW and Silvertip IME.

Some people on B&B like to dis Simpson‘s recent brushes, but I own over a dozen newer ones and never had an issue with quality or shedding. I owned 25 Simpsons at one point. Great brushes, but customer service and shipping can definitely be slow.

I know it is not a chubby, but I decided to buy the MAJOR 1 in super badger. The knot is dense and it could well be called a chubby 1 minus!
I love this brush, soft and luxurious face feel, so if considering a chubby, I would suggest getting a super badger,.....

Top Bottom