What's new

Chubby Chasers

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
This group is for everyone that, like me, loves the Simpson’s Chubby series of brushes. I love them in all sizes, colors, and knot types. Anyone else share my infatuation with this short, stout, classic brush? Have more than one size or knot type? Plan to have more in the future? If yes to any of these questions, congratulations! You’re a Chubby Chaser!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Speckled Tortoise Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP arrived today! A Dark Knight Synthetic on the way next.

Attachments

• 299A70F2-F5DC-4965-8FCA-B71EBB56BD08.jpeg
    299A70F2-F5DC-4965-8FCA-B71EBB56BD08.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
The Chubby 2 Synthetic is a winner. May need to chase even more Chubbies as funds allow...

Attachments

• 936C1264-08B6-4A03-AF95-F917EB8D17A3.jpeg
    936C1264-08B6-4A03-AF95-F917EB8D17A3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
I'm in got my Chubby 1 in Super today and on the last day of WCS Simpson's sale got a Chubby 2 Synthetic. I'm not a large knot guy, I wish a 24 knot was offered.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I'm in got my Chubby 1 in Super today and on the last day of WCS Simpson's sale got a Chubby 2 Synthetic. I'm not a large knot guy, I wish a 24 knot was offered.

I love the 1 and 2 both for different reasons. I like using the 1 for soaps in small jars and shave sticks and the 2 for creams and pucks that are hard to lather.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Ordered a Chubby 2 Manchurian and the Rasage Classique Limited in Super/SiLVERTiP. Should round out the collection, only grade missing will be Best.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Here are my Chubby brushes:

- Chubby 1 Super (×2)
- Chubby 1 Best (x2)
- Chubby 2 Super
- Chubby 2 Best

The Chubby 1 Super is my all-time favourite brush and the most loved in my collection of roughly 20 Simpsons.

Besides, I am a huge fan of the Duke Series both in size 2 and 3!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have a few:
Chubby 2 synthetic x2
Chubby 1 Best
Chubby 1 Manchurian
Chubby 2 Best
Chubby 2 Super

While I appreciate the iconic status of the Chubby 2, my personal favorite is the Chubby 1, and in Best badger. At some point I'll get a Chubby 1 in Super.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have a few:
Chubby 2 synthetic x2
Chubby 1 Best
Chubby 1 Manchurian
Chubby 2 Best
Chubby 2 Super

While I appreciate the iconic status of the Chubby 2, my personal favorite is the Chubby 1, and in Best badger. At some point I'll get a Chubby 1 in Super.

I feel the Chubby 2 size is just right for me, though I do enjoy my Chubby 1 Super as well. It is mainly used to dig into my Cella Extra Extra Bio bowl and for shave sticks since the smaller knot reaches places the bigger knots don’t.

Had my second shave today with my Chubby 2 in best. Decided to pass the Wool Fat over in favour of TOBS Lavender, which is a good deal easier for me to use consistently. Great lather, brush coming along. Think I will be adding more Simpsons to the stable. Seems really well made, lost only 1 hair and feels great on the face. Go Simpsons!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Had my second shave today with my Chubby 2 in best. Decided to pass the Wool Fat over in favour of TOBS Lavender, which is a good deal easier for me to use consistently. Great lather, brush coming along. Think I will be adding more Simpsons to the stable. Seems really well made, lost only 1 hair and feels great on the face. Go Simpsons!

Simpson’s are excellent! The hair is very natural rather than the highly bleached and treated stuff that sells for similar price points nowadays. If I could only buy from one brand, it would be Simpson’s.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I’m traveling with the Chubby 1 Super and a stick of La Toja. The razor is a vintage Hoffritz OC Travel Razor w/ case and a Gillette SB.

I was thinking about selling the Chubby 1 Super and sticking with the 2 but this trip changed my mind. This is an excellent travel brush. Not sure if it would fit the Simpson travel tubes, though. I just brought it in the red box.

Attachments

• 1EE128E6-B404-458E-8C6D-9EDBE86153A8.jpeg
    1EE128E6-B404-458E-8C6D-9EDBE86153A8.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
I currently have a Chubby 2 synthetic and am waiting on a Chubby 3 Super Badger brush. The Chubby 3 should arrive tomorrow; it’s definitely the priciest brush I’ve ever bought but I feel it’s going to be worth every penny.

20220630_184144.jpg

This is my "grail" brush ever since I purchased Chubby 2 in Best ( and a Chubby 3 in Best and a Chubby 2 Synth); I've always wanted one but strayed amongst the herd that was out there. But for my 31st brush ( so I can shave every day with a different one for a whole month) it had to be the one.

Now that I have it, I'm wondering if it will bloom as much as the Chubby 2 in best? I know it will take at least 50 shaves to see its true personality, but so far so good.

marty

Top Bottom