Which Brush Should I Use Next?

• Rudy Vey Custom with 3 Band Shavemac D01

• Semogue 1305

• Somerset Simpson Rover 2

• Rooney 1/1 Finest

• Savile Row 3118, "Il Bambino"

• Just call Art and ask what he's using on Tuesday

Results are only viewable after voting.
Having spent the last month using my Kent BLK4 every day, I will by using a new brush come November 1. I'll go back to two brushes per week, sticking to Harris Almond soap. The question is, which brush? I have really enjoyed the Kent. It is a great all around brush, but I'd like something a bit different. I've narrowed it down to those in the poll, and am looking for some advice.

EDIT: All of these brushes are in the stable already.

Last edited:
What's the hurry,finish the month,be faithfull,don't start straying now.With that being said I vote for the finest.You've been using soft/soft so do the opposite this time and go with firm/scritchy.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I usually vote for Art, but had to go Rover this round.

Didn't you sell a Somerset Rover a few months back?

Just for clarification, I already have these brushes.

Showoff! LOL... I voted Rooney 1/1 Finest

:blushing:

Bob, you know that your Somerset Simpson Rover 2 is calling you...

I hear lots of voices in my head!

I usually vote for Art, but had to go Rover this round.

Didn't you sell a Somerset Rover a few months back?

Johnniegold sold his Rovers. I shall not part with mine.

The 1305 in the lead! I'm curious to see what a boar can do with a Harris soap.

Semogue 1305 is the winner by a nose. It's the yang to the Kent's yin, being as different as you can get. The only similarity is soft tips. Regardless, boy did it deliver a great lather today. In fact, the lather was more cream-like in performance, having more body and cushion than slickness and lubrication. I'm using it for a couple more days, but I'm coming around to the realization that all brushes don't "just lather." The same soap can produce different kinds of lathers depending on the brush you use.

Top Bottom