What's new

Cheap Blade Bank

These vitamin bottles have a snap open lid and work great!

upload_2019-2-19_9-43-6.png

Oh that geofatguy is the clever one, isn't he? :001_rolle
He appears to take the tray out, the one that contains the wrapped blades, rotates it 180 degrees, reinserts it and uses the used blade slot to insert the old blades. This increases the capacity of the used blade section as it was originally designed to take only a a dozen or so unwrapped used blades. At least that's what I think

This increases the capacity of the used blade section as it was originally designed to take only a a dozen or so unwrapped used blades. At least that's what I think
There is no increase in capacity, as the dimensions stay the same. All that messing about is unecessary.

One side is deeper than the other side, but the change isn't that great if you using a 100 blade carton. And if your buying them in the container, they all will fit in the used blade section of the container.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
There is no increase in capacity, as the dimensions stay the same. All that messing about is unecessary.

Yes, I can pack mine fully without doing a thing to the innards. All with no do-rag, too!

Punctured a soup can with a big kitchen knife. Made sure it was a thin, watery soup so I could rinse it though the slot. 4 years of use and not even half full. Should be able to just toss it in the trash.

I did the same thing in 2009 when I first started DE shaving. It's just starting to fill up now and I don't think it will see out the year. When it's full I'll fill it with salt water and it can go at the back of the shelf in my garden shed for a few more years.

I’ve been using a small Planters peanuts container for the past 3 years or so, I just taped the lid down. It’s been working fine for me with no issues or confusion on what it’s for.
AB7A9E1A-1B11-435B-9CD5-C2EA5B964C64.jpeg

I have little ones in the house so therefore I use a prescription medication vial/bottle with childproof cap.

It fits a lot of blades and most importantly, its safe

I bought a super-cheap children's piggy-bank years ago - guess it is about 1 litre size.
Guess it was meant to be opened with a can opener once it is full as there is no way to open it in a non-destructive way.

I think one of the biggest considerations would have to be if there are children who are likely to try opening the blade bank.
If there were kids in my house, then my choice of a Bunnykins coin bank is very probably a bad one. :whistling:
It's a great parking spot for the blade I'm currently using though. The ripples on the top air out the bottom of the blade, and it's real easy to pick the blade up.

I think one of the biggest considerations would have to be if there are children who are likely to try opening the blade bank.
If there were kids in my house, then my choice of a Bunnykins coin bank is very probably a bad one. :whistling:
It's a great parking spot for the blade I'm currently using though. The ripples on the top air out the bottom of the blade, and it's real easy to pick the blade up.
Yeah, it could be worse than having bunny's on it. "FREE CANDY" printed on it comes to mind, but not much else :)

Geofatboy has posted and YouTube video of him making and cheap blade bank out of an old Feather blade box. Not bad I think, trumps my TicTac box

I highly recommend these steps.
You have paper box which can recycle? Then make it as used blades disposer.
You can write on the paper box that this is dangerous and handle it carefully. This can makes the suitable disposable and recycle able one.

I use an empty Pringles can with a few drops of glue to hold the lid on. Judging by the amount of blades in it, it should last a lifetime. But we have a new granddaughter that should be getting into everything soon. So I may try the prescription pill bottle.

I use an empty Pringles can with a few drops of glue to hold the lid on. Judging by the amount of blades in it, it should last a lifetime. But we have a new granddaughter that should be getting into everything soon. So I may try the prescription pill bottle.
This is the best option but I prefer the fully recyclable boxes..

Top Bottom