What's new

Cheap Blade Bank

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Match box

5B203B26-EA9C-45E1-8D27-0E3CC39D90E2.png

I use an old Menthos container. Why? To be honest, it looks nice and I'm just curious to see how mane blades can be stored ;)
On the other hand this is quite ridiculous, most blades come in dispencers that can hold the used blades.
I guess we're looking for a solution of a non existing problem :D :D

I use an old container from an alum block that was used up. I would've otherwise just thrown it away but it has been most useful. When its full I will tape it up with packing or duct tape and send to the landfill...
Blade bank 1.jpg
Blade bank 2.jpg

I use an old Menthos container. Why? To be honest, it looks nice and I'm just curious to see how mane blades can be stored ;)
On the other hand this is quite ridiculous, most blades come in dispencers that can hold the used blades.
I guess we're looking for a solution of a non existing problem :D :D

My 100 pack of Astra SP have no plastic dispenser that can be used for old blades.

My 100 pack of Astra SP have no plastic dispenser that can be used for old blades.
Ah, I really thought every dispenser could store used blades. Wilkinson Sword, Derby, Hema (a Dutch household store) and the Gillettes I used in the '70s and '80s can do this.

Ah, I really thought every dispenser could store used blades. Wilkinson Sword, Derby, Hema (a Dutch household store) and the Gillettes I used in the '70s and '80s can do this.
You can buy 100 packs of blades for a fraction of the cost of 5 and 10 packs, but a lot of them are in cardboard packs.

An old plastic Peanut Butter container with a slit in the lid did the trick. I took the extra precaution of taping the lid to the jar. This one will last for years before I send it off for recycling.
1650378769574.png

Top Bottom