What's new

Cellactober : October is Cella month

Excellent Cella shave today. Face lathered after a loooong load. Using a 30mm Gus 2-band weapon from Brad Sears. The result was so much rich, luxurious, and slick lather…. It was embarrassing! Three pass shave and could have done three more. A fist full of lather remained. Cella is my desert island soap! Happy shaves gents

October 16, 2023 Monday Shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Soap: Cella red
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic, marble handle
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

Another day in paradise and another great Overlander shave.
This was a three pass shave on two days growth. No weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.
Wonderfully close and easy on the skin.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

Cella Brick.jpg

October 16, 2023 Monday Shave

Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic, marble handle
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

Another day in paradise and another great Overlander shave.
This was a three pass shave on two days growth. No weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.
Wonderfully close and easy on the skin.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

View attachment 1733765
I want to buy a brick just for the box!

October 18, 2023 Wednesday Shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, stainless steel, new
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (Comfort Coated) (1)
Brush: Yaqi 30mm synthetic
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Island Time

Another day in paradise and another lovely Overlander shave! I used a new Overlander today, the SS version. I've been using the brass model for a half year or so. The SS shaves the same as the brass, which was expected. There are a couple of things that have changed on the new razor compared to my older brass razor. The base plate is thinner. The bottom of the top cap has is a serial number and the year of manufacture on it. The handle has a more aggressive feel due to the larger and deeper machining of the handle's pattern. Initially, I was frankly shocked at the difference in feel between the old handle and the new one. In use, however, the new handle feels good and isn't distracting. After some more shaves, I will do a mini-review.

The shave was a three pass with no touch ups. The shave was uneventful, which is the desired outcome. No weepers, etc. and no irritation, which is routine for the Overlander. The enormous Yaqi brush and a large blob of Cella red made a huge amount of lather that worked very well.

I used a blade out of a 100 pack that arrived yesterday in a plastic envelope. The blade package was really smashed, but the blade I used from off the most impacted side of the package worked fine, so good news there!

10/10 glass smooth

Enjoy your day!

Cella brick open.jpg

October 24, 2023 Tuesday Shave

Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Omega 10049S Synthetic (1)
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: PAA Sci-Fi Lime sample

This was an interesting shave. I used a new brush, the Omega 10049S, which is patterned after the 10049 boar brush, but with a synthetic knot. I received two of these brushes by accident from Pasteur's. I had read in one post here on B&B that the 10049S was not a very good brush, that it "slung lather all over the place". Well, after at least 8 months I finally decided to use one. It did a super job of whipping the Cella red into a wonderful lather and it was soft and effective at painting on the lather. I like it! IMO, it's a great brush and I look forward to using it frequently in the future. It's a $10 brush and worth several times the asking price.

The three pass shave with the Overlander was excellent, as usual. No injuries or irritation. The Wizamet blade was better on the second use than the first. The Overlander is spoiling me with all the wonderful shaves.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

Cella brick open.jpg

Cella Red is my travel go to - I use sample size containers for pre / cream / balm / lotion. The soap always performs well regardless of the water quality and the AS scent is gentlemanly, neutral, and subtle enough for any situation

October 28, 2023 Saturday Shave

Blade: Nacet (1)
Soap: Cell red
Brush: Omega S10049 synthetic
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice original

This was the usual three pass shave. The Nacet was sharp and smooth, and I've found the Overlander makes most blades perform well.
During this shave there were no injuries or irritation. It was a very good shave!

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

Cella Brick.jpg

Top Bottom