What's new

Cellactober : October is Cella month

I started with cherry/almond and finished with fig.

1696350085605.jpeg

No doubt about it. It is a good tallow soap and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Plus, unlike Arko (which doesn't perform as well), it doesn't have an off-putting odor.
Arko performs just as good and has a cushion to the lather. Cella is slick and lathers well, but doesn’t seem to have a cushion. As far as the smell goes, after a couple of uses, it’s not as strong as new.

October 6, 2023 Friday Shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic

Another day in paradise and another great shave with the Overlander. It was a fitting start to a sunny and warm Friday.
In typical Overlander fashion, this three pass shave had no weepers, etc, no irritation.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

Cella brick open.jpg

1D7B9983-675B-43E7-BEF9-0D6730BDD169.jpeg

49F004C9-C5BB-4544-A800-72E574AFCEED.jpeg

23C35330-A769-49DE-ACB1-FCCC20D5C74E.jpeg

Fantastic face and head shave. Copious amounts of thick, slick lather. A razor I am liking more and more with each use. Third shave with the Bolzano blade, zero complaints, it seems to work well for me, smooth shave, no irritation. The Cella AS splash smells awesome to me! Didn't think to use the pre-shave. Figured I may use the Cella AS balm, because I was going for a glassy smooth shave on my dome and face, thankfully no need.

918AA1A2-B75C-450F-A602-DA044FD7DA0B.jpeg

Used the Cella Pre Shave Gel, skipped the Cella Lozione, used the Cella After Shave Balm (not pictured). Quite a smooth and comfortable shave. Not much of a balm fan, because my skin does a fine job of oiling itself, and it usually feels greasy soon after using it. Will see how this goes today.

Stupendous face and head shave. Probably will run this combination for the near future.

October 8, 2023 Sunday Shave

Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf w/Mysterious Space Handle
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

Another day in paradise and another great shave.
Since I have a kilo block of Cella red, I'm glad to participate in the Cellatober, October is Cella Month. It has been reported that Cella doesn't store well, so I'm bowl lathering with a generous blob of Cella to make a lot of great slick lather. Better to use it than lose it!
I tried a Feather blade in the Overlander and found it to be a great combination. Very close and smooth.
No weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. It was easy and very comfortable.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

Monday 9th October

Still using my Cella Mountain. .....but no photo today. My wife just got home yesterday after an equestrian accident 5 weeks ago. Orthopedics, and Plastics...it took a while. I am now running round like a headless chicken attempting to undo everything I have done wrong while on my own for the last 5 weeks.

Cella
Omega 10108 Boar
Tondeo Sifter with a Tondeo TSS3 #7
Lidl x-Bolt

October 10, 2023 Tuesday Shave

Blade: Personna Lab Blue (labeled Comfort Coated) (1)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight Copper
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Post shave: Omega alum block, T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

This shave came with a bit of concern, having read about @walpan's bad experience with the Personna Comfort Coated blades purchased from Amazon. Today I opened a brand new box of 100 of those blades, also purchased from Amazon. To my relief, the blade I used was smooth and sharp. I hope the rest of the box is this good!

I keep getting these fabulous shaves from the Overlander. Very close, no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.
The abundance of Cella red lather was slick, and the large, well broken in Omega boar brush worked perfectly.

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

Top Bottom