What's new

Cella Bio isn’t great.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
This thread had me excited to try it. I received it this afternoon and plan on using it tomorrow. A word of caution, where I'm located it's hot out and my tub had some leakage. I opened the tub to see it was almost totally liquified. I put it in the fridge and seems better, hope it's ok.
On the scent question I loved the performance of the original but didn't like the scent which was cherry/almond. I really like the scent of the Bio, looking forward to tomorrow's shave.

I hope so too! I live in Phoenix and have had some products melt before. Luckily I got mine OK, but it wasn’t that hot yet either.

On another note, I picked up the splash. It’s also excellent. Make sure to shake it before use as there is some kind of skin nourishing oil to make sure is mixed well.

I bought some about 3 months ago. It is astounding. It ranks among the top tier in terms of best performance of a mass-produced soap I've ever experienced, including Speick, Tabac, vintage Old Spice, etc. It's terrific, and maybe even better than the aforementioned stuff.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Used it last night for a straight shave. Ralf Aust razor with a Suehiro Gokumyo 20k edge. Very protective lather! Did need to reload my Chubby 1 after the second pass for a third, but that’s to be expected. :p

I just received my Cella Extra Extra Bio yesterday and used it for this mornings shave. I have to say i prefer this to the original Cella. I was surprised that this croap was firmer in the tub than i expected yet loaded onto my synthetic brush with the same ease as a cream. I got a shave from it. I plan to see how much water it can take next time as i was a little hurried this morning. Great stuff, and happy to have it in the den.

It is indeed a very good uncomplicated soap exceptional within its price range and so is the aftershave balm one of the few which don't leave my skin greasy

Agree with the comments about it’s excellent performance. I am really enjoying mine. It’s been getting all the attention in my den since receiving it in the mail.

Most of the posts in this thread seem to be about the soap. I get that it's a soft soap, but there's also a Cella Bio cream in a tube. I'd like to see reactions to that product.

Haha, definitely YMMV. I hate the smell of marzipan, and its the reason I would never consider any soap or cream that smells like it. I'm so glad the Bio is a cologne scent.
Hate the smell of Marzipan?! My 85 year old German mother (still cuts her own lawn and rototills her own garden) would flay you alive for such talk. LOL.

How does the bio compare the the original red? I understand it being bio there's no tallow. Just curious how they compare and if it's worth it since I have a kg I'm going through

How does the bio compare the the original red? I understand it being bio there's no tallow. Just curious how they compare and if it's worth it since I have a kg I'm going through
Might want to work on the KG pretty aggressively. If you get the extra extra bio, you won’t want to use the KG block as often as this soap is awesome.

Top Bottom