What's new

Car cleaning supplies

Sam, you can spend lots of money on car care products. Similar to wetshaving products. Check out this site:

http://www.poorboysworld.com/

They have great products that are reasonable. I have use their products for several years.

They make great products. I like their polishes.

I have been detailing cars for 20 years now. If I am going to name a company that has outstanding products it is Meguiar's. They have a comsumer line and a professional line of items. I prefer spray bottles to those wipes in a can. They have a great leather cleaners and conditioner. To help you out a small bit they have a car care RX on their site, it may help guide you a bit in what you are trying to do. The reason I mention this company is that you can get the items almost anywhere. Car Care RX

Meguiars is also great. Plus you can buy stuff in bulk.

Everything you ever wanted to know about automotive detailing but were afraid to ask :lol::lol:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Old thread revival
Anyone have thoughts on rainx? Still the standard or is anyone using the new products that are much more expensive?
Also I’d appreciate any thoughts on chemical guys and adams products.
Definitely a step up in product feel and packaging. Last year I bought a foam canon and talk about fun. Adams soap was amazing. Fun and more time consuming but in the end not totally sure it’s worth more than a standard wash.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Not exactly car detailing weather here, and it is too dark still to start shoveling Kassandra ... but ... here I am reading B&B ..

I never had any luck with Rain-X. A bugger to apply, its magical abilities seemed to erode pretty quickly. I did a bit of research a couple years ago, the recommendation then was a product called Aquapel. It comes in a handy applicator, and goes on far easier. Seems to work like Rain-X was advertised for a far longer period. I've been applying twice a year after a thorough cleaning and (on the windshield) use of glass polish. I share the thoughts on the foam cannon - it's use tapered off after having fun with it for one summer

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I will probably hit McGuires at Autozone. Seems like, for interior, I can get a leather cleaner/conditioner, and then an all purpose cleaner and then regular Windex for Windows. Shampoo carpets and mats with the hand attachment to our home upright shampooer.

They have an all-in-one product, pricey a bit $12 for 16 ounces, at poorboys I think
Invisible Glass is far better than Windex in my opinion.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Not exactly car detailing weather here, and it is too dark still to start shoveling Kassandra ... but ... here I am reading B&B ..

I never had any luck with Rain-X. A bugger to apply, its magical abilities seemed to erode pretty quickly. I did a bit of research a couple years ago, the recommendation then was a product called Aquapel. It comes in a handy applicator, and goes on far easier. Seems to work like Rain-X was advertised for a far longer period. I've been applying twice a year after a thorough cleaning and (on the windshield) use of glass polish. I share the thoughts on the foam cannon - it's use tapered off after having fun with it for one summer
They make Rain-x windshield washer fluid and it actually works! The only issue I have with Rain-x is the haze that follows the wipers when you have to use them.

Back on page 1, there was more than one warning on using Armorall. I disagree. I have several vehicles and a boat 30 to 40 years old. I have used Armorall on them regularly. None of those vehicles have dried out or cracking vinyl, plastic, or rubber.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve used rainx infrequently for years. Buffing it off with a Mf towel proves to be the easiest. I’ve been looking at chemical guys hydro something or other $22 a bottle but not sure it’s worth it.
Arm oral leaves a tacky oil I don’t like. The more expensive products are much better.

I wouldnt recommend armorall.
Current lineup below. Clean or detail? Big difference in time and $$. I clean but not detail.
Bottles -kwazar and us plastics
Sprayers -kwazar( expensive )and us plastics( cheap but very good)
Glass-3d nano glass cleaner, Bradley systems glass cleaner, 1st ayd.
Tornador.
All Purpose Cleaner - currently meguirs also use 3d car care (same )
Tire cleaner - currently don't use - have mother's and 3d. depends on the rims you have
Tire shine - currently don't use
Bucket separator - highly recommend. A must if using wash brushes pic tomorrow
Washer fluid - saftekleen icebreaker
Zwipes microfibers dedicated colors for different sections
Fabric Spot cleaning - la totally awesome - enzyme cleaner, professionals choice inverted slot cleaner, apc and cleaner in tornador
Leather cleaner and conditioners-3d
melaleuca makes a surprisingly good product
Ns corp -drive through car wash with reverse osmosis rinse
Smoking car - nuvinair , restore tablets ( worth it's weight in gold, but costs$$$, ozone generator( winter use), atomizer (summer use)
Porter cable compressor

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I wouldnt recommend armorall.
Current lineup below. Clean or detail? Big difference in time and $$. I clean but not detail.
Bottles -kwazar and us plastics
Sprayers -kwazar( expensive )and us plastics( cheap but very good)
Glass-3d nano glass cleaner, Bradley systems glass cleaner, 1st ayd.
Tornador.
All Purpose Cleaner - currently meguirs also use 3d car care (same )
Tire cleaner - currently don't use - have mother's and 3d. depends on the rims you have
Tire shine - currently don't use
Bucket separator - highly recommend. A must if using wash brushes pic tomorrow
Washer fluid - saftekleen icebreaker
Zwipes microfibers dedicated colors for different sections
Fabric Spot cleaning - la totally awesome - enzyme cleaner, professionals choice inverted slot cleaner, apc and cleaner in tornador
Leather cleaner and conditioners-3d
melaleuca makes a surprisingly good product
Ns corp -drive through car wash with reverse osmosis rinse
Smoking car - nuvinair , restore tablets ( worth it's weight in gold, but costs$$$, ozone generator( winter use), atomizer (summer use)
Porter cable compressor
Great info here thx
I’m going to look into the glass cleaner you rec
I agree on the bucket separator too!
Many other good suggestions!

that bucket divider raises it from the bottom about 3 to 4 in. Hard to show straight on
20230127_081206.jpg

I noticed LA Awesome on Berwicks list. I use it for many things. I have used Simple Green on upholstery for years. My DD truck is 29 years old. I have cleaned the carpet, cloth seats l, and vinyl many times over the years and have had no harm caused from Simple Green

Anyway, back to the Awesome. It is a great cleaner. I use it on wheels and tires. I trust it not to cause any harm to the PVD wheels on my F350. So far, it hasn't.

I have read Awesome is the same stuff as S100 cycle cleaner It sure smells and feels the same. The difference is S100 is 10 times the cost. I do know S100 cycle cleaner is some good stuff. One of my bikes is 23 years old and has over 100k miles on it. The paint, chrome, aluminum, ect all still look like new. I have used S100 on it since new.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I noticed LA Awesome on Berwicks list. I use it for many things. I have used Simple Green on upholstery for years. My DD truck is 29 years old. I have cleaned the carpet, cloth seats l, and vinyl many times over the years and have had no harm caused from Simple Green

Anyway, back to the Awesome. It is a great cleaner. I use it on wheels and tires. I trust it not to cause any harm to the PVD wheels on my F350. So far, it hasn't.

I have read Awesome is the same stuff as S100 cycle cleaner It sure smells and feels the same. The difference is S100 is 10 times the cost. I do know S100 cycle cleaner is some good stuff. One of my bikes is 23 years old and has over 100k miles on it. The paint, chrome, aluminum, ect all still look like new. I have used S100 on it since new.
I’ve been researching how to remove sunscreen from paint and leather with not much success. I wonder if simple green might work.

I’ve been trying products from chemical guys. I just used the hydro glass. Let’s see how that works in the rain.
Adams seems to have a nice line. I used the leather cleaner (didn’t remove old sunscreen stain) and conditioner. Overall looks really nice.
Chemical guys lvp on tires. Nice wet look.
I ordered 3d interior cleaner to try.

I had a thought of trying a magic eraser on sunscreen stains.

Top Bottom