What's new

Cap Riding Affiliated Participants

Today was technically a riding the cap day. And when I use a New SC, it is Craptastic!

The only way to fly.

Attachments

• IMG_8331.jpeg
    IMG_8331.jpeg
    1,009 KB · Views: 5

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Today's craptastic shave:

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Brush: RR 400 matte Plissoft
Cream: Gillette Foamy
Razor: RR Lupo 72
Blade: Dorco ST301 Stainless (3)
Number of passes: 2, XTG
Touchups or buffs: no
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: No
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

I had a canned goo shave this morning and it was fantastic. Canned goo never lets me down for some reason. My skin simply seems to appreciate it more than soaps or creams I have to lather manually. Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I thought my lathers were pretty good. I've been having bouts of shaving irritation lately, which may or may not be related to the inflammation I've been experiencing. I plan to continue using canned goo until things settle down, although I have to say that soaps often frustrate me and I really like the simplicity and repeatability of canned goo.

Todays crap’tacular shave was preformed with a fresh Perma-Sharp and the ever reliable Rocket HD 500, it was a crapload better than the last shave on the Kai. Today was a smooth, comfortable, close shave with the sea lions just about shaved bald. Yesterday with the Kai was on the verge of being painful. Worlds different.
IMG_3159.jpeg

1950s Rocket HD 500• Perma-Sharp(1)• Heritage/Vloid• Zenith 507-IF• Details.

Jay21

This morning's crapola shave:

Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Double-wrapped Gillette Silver Blue

Any morning you can shave with your favorite razor and blade is going to be a good day. It was also another canned goo morning. Fantastic shave. Close. No aftershave feedback or irritation. I'm some sort of weirdo compared to >95% of the members here because canned goo seems to work better for me than dedicated shaving soaps. I'll stick with canned goo for the meantime and then I'll give soaps one more concerted effort at making them my staple.

I'm some sort of weirdo compared to >95% of the members here because canned goo seems to work better for me than dedicated shaving soaps.
You’re not. Is there a difference between the two? Yes, but I don’t feel it’s huge.

Maybe it all comes down to technique, but I can shave with some foamy or barbasol with no problem.

People don’t realize foams are not shave ready. You have to work it in with water like you do with any soap or cream.

I laugh at video comparisons where the guy rubs some dry foam and proceeds to shave half face and say “oh what a difference, it’s so dry”

Of course it is mama’s boy, do the same with some pasty soap out of a tub and it’ll feel the same or worse.

Last edited:
Good morning all my fellow crapheads. Today's crap’tastic shave was delivered my by birth year Adjustable Slim. I used some prudent judgment as well as riding the cap and at the end of my normal 3 passes decided to forgo any chasing BBS with additional passes. The normal passes scared the crap out of the sea lions anyway. They were just about off the dock, a crap’tastic shave was achieved. All is well in the land of Crapola.

IMG_3170.jpeg

1967 Slim Adjustable• Perma-Sharp(2)• Heritage/ Bootleggers Green Freeze• Zenith Unbleached Boar• Details.

Jay21

People don’t realize foams are not shave ready. You have to work it in with water like you do with any soap or cream.

This is absolutely true. Barbasol takes a decent amount water to make it more useable. Gillette Foamy is the most "user ready" straight out of the can, but it still benefits from a little water. I have to be careful not to add too much water because that actually reduces its slickness.

Jay21

This morning's craptastic shave:

Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Double-wrapped Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Another fantastic shave in the books. Canned goo was on the menu again. The Lupo 95 is my Zen razor and I'm glad I can finally have some of my morning Zen moments again, even if it takes canned goo in the meantime to achieve them.

Good morning my fellow denizens of Crapolia (or is it Crapastan??) Today was another Craptastic shave. In an effort to avoid irritating the crap out of my neck, I did use the three normal passes today, no chasing BBS. Upon feeling my face after the shave, I thought “Crap, that’s a good shave.” The blade was smooth, comfortable and efficient. All is well.

IMG_3179.jpeg

1950s English Ball End Tech• Perma-Sharp(3)• Heritage/Hotel Cecil• Yaqi Cavern Lake 24mm Two Band Badger• Details.

Top Bottom