What's new

Can someone dfine "aquatics"

I recently got a bottle of Barbasol Pacific Rush. Good stuff. I'd been using Weleda or Nivea balms, but it's humid ,now.
Anyway, I assume "aquatic" refers to the ability to moisturize in spite of the alcohol astringent. Am I right?

Not quite. "Aquatic" refers to the scent, not the performance, of a product. Aquatic scents were the newest thing in colognes etc. in the 90's. The scents were light, and generally had some citrus notes in them, eschewing the traditional leather and heavy florals. Some people describe them as smelling "like a clean athlete (jock)". Think Aqua di Gio.

Aquatic scents can be described as light floral-green types.
Things that bring to mind a fresh, clean scent.
On the fragrance wheel, it sits somewhere between floral and woody.

the most common description is "fresh"

They're not a favourite of mine (I do like Adidas Ice Dive - tho that's probably cos it's so cheap, and I eat a lot of grapefruit). Funnily, the scent that's most beachlike for me is EJ/Muhle's Sea Buckthorn.

For awhile, it seemed as if every fragrance in the market smelled like that... (blue and sport of all fragrances made). I am not sure but wasn't Cool Water the first of one of the first ones? This is perhaps my favorite of the bunch.

Al raz.

I was wearing L'Occitane Verdon EdC, last night. I smelled my wrist, and it smelled like the ocean, but with citrus and mint.

It's definitely aquatic.

Top Bottom