What's new

Can no longer access forum list on tablet

I'm not a computer guy, so please don't take my question the wrong way. What makes you think it's a cache issue? Multiple people report the problem and I myself have two devices that get the same message even after clearing them. The second one hasn't even had it's browser used for months and may or may not ever been used on B&B.

Kindle Fire 7 5th generation running Fire OS 5.6.8.0
Kindle Fire 10 9th generation running Fire OS 7.3.1.7

Both use Silk as the browser.
The 10 has an OS update available, so I'm starting that now.

I suspect this is a browser issue. Outdated browsers are becoming outdated by the day/week/month and refuse to surf the "modern web" properly. I don't necessarily agree with the "modern web" standards so I don't blame the browsers. It just is what it is. If you have an older device, start by installing and trying new browsers:

Opera
Opera mini
Chrome
Chromium
Brave
Firefox
Pale Moon
Midori
Etc...
Firefox wouldn’t load. It needs iOS 13.0. Opera loaded but gave me the “too many redirects” message.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Same problem on an original iPad mini running 12.5.5. Won’t update to a newer version. I have tried the tricks to no avail. I get the same set of messages as others. Everything is fine on my iPhone and my iMac (Catalina). Safari and Chrome. Neither will access the site. They work fine for other sites.
Sorry, I'm a little confused by your post
original iPad mini running 12.5.5 won't access the forum list
iPhone and my iMac (Catalina). Safari and Chrome are ok
Right or wrong?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm not a computer guy, so please don't take my question the wrong way. What makes you think it's a cache issue? Multiple people report the problem and I myself have two devices that get the same message even after clearing them. The second one hasn't even had it's browser used for months and may or may not ever been used on B&B.

Kindle Fire 7 5th generation running Fire OS 5.6.8.0
Kindle Fire 10 9th generation running Fire OS 7.3.1.7

Both use Silk as the browser.
The 10 has an OS update available, so I'm starting that now.
Just going by what we have seen, and common denominators.
Kevin has experience with browser caches refusing to clear in some browsers, particularly Chrome.
Cache redirects occasionally give him issues during development, and he can only proceed after fully clearing the cache.
We have all of these devices listed, with the possible exception of Kindle, used by others that are currently working.
We have folks who had an issue before, but who do not now have an issue and the problem was resolved after they cleared cache.

Sorry, I'm a little confused by your post
original iPad mini running 12.5.5 won't access the forum list
iPhone and my iMac (Catalina). Safari and Chrome are ok
Right or wrong?
Sorry for the confusion. I can’t reach the B&B website using my mini with either Safari or chrome (nor with Opera, Firefox needs 13.0). I can reach it without problems on my iPhone XR and my iMac (Catalina OS).

Is that clearer?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sorry for the confusion. I can’t reach the B&B website using my mini with either Safari or chrome (nor with Opera, Firefox needs 13.0). I can reach it without problems on my iPhone XR and my iMac (Catalina OS).

Is that clearer?
Yes, thank you!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was having a similar problem on my Kindle a few days ago. I did the delete cookies and clear cache thing and it worked for a day and then reverted back to unable to access the Forums page. I am receiving the same message as Borwish. I have repeated the cookies and cache process several times to no avail. I used Bing exclusively. Google is much worse with accessing B&B.
Bing and google are search engines. Can you tell me what browser you are using and what model Kindle?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This is what I have so far - if there's a question mark in a field can you provide that info please?
@JCinPA @ChrisPL68 @TexasFlood @Dog Whiskerer @Fred D

MemberDeviceBrowserAction TakenStatus
@JcinPAiPad?Cleared cacheworking
@HMS123iPhone XR Catalina OSChromenoneworking
@HMS123iMac Catalina OSSafarinoneworking
@ouchyfootiPad - iOS 15Safari?working
@TexasFloodiPad iOS 14.7Safari?working
@Ad AstraAndroid tabletFirefoxCleared cacheworking
@borwishKindle Fire 7 5th generation running Fire OS 5.6.8.0SilkCleared cachenot working
@borwishKindle Fire 10 9th generation running Fire OS 7.3.1.7SilkCleared cachenot working
@Dog WhiskereriPadSafari?not working
@HMS123original iPad mini running 12.5.5SafariCleared cachenot working
@ChrisPL68Kindle?Cleared cachenot working
@TexasFloodiPad iOS 14.7Chrome Browser ver 94?not working
@Ad AstraAndroid tabletSamsungCleared cachenot working
@Ad AstraAndroid tabletDuckduckgoCleared cachenot working
@HMS123original iPad mini running 12.5.5ChromeCleared cachenot working
@HMS123original iPad mini running 12.5.5OperaCleared cachenot working
@Fred DKindle HD 10??not working

Last edited:
This is what I have so far - if there's a question mark in a field can you provide that info please?
@JCinPA @Hms123 @ChrisPL68 @TexasFlood @Dog Whiskerer

MemberDeviceBrowserAction TakenStatus
@JcinPAiPad?Cleared cacheworking
@HMS123iPhone XR Catalina OS??working
@HMS123iMac Catalina OS??working
@ouchyfootiPad - iOS 15Safari?working
@TexasFloodiPad iOS 14.7Safari?working
@Ad AstraAndroid tabletFirefoxCleared cacheworking
@borwishKindle Fire 7 5th generation running Fire OS 5.6.8.0SilkCleared cachenot working
@borwishKindle Fire 10 9th generation running Fire OS 7.3.1.7SilkCleared cachenot working
@Dog WhiskereriPadSafari?not working
@HMS123original iPad mini running 12.5.5Safari Chrome Opera?not working
@ChrisPL68Kindle?Cleared cachenot working
@TexasFloodiPad iOS 14.7Chrome Browser ver 94?not working
@Ad AstraAndroid tabletSamsungCleared cachenot working
@Ad AstraAndroid tabletDuckduckgoCleared cachenot working
iMac. I use Safari. No need to clear cache so I didn’t.

iPad mini. I have cleared the cache. And rebooted. No joy.

iPhone XR I use Chrome browser. Didn’t clear cache. No need.

As I said, updating to iOS 15 and or reboot is probably necessary. I always advocate running safari on Apple.
Here is a list of iPads no longer supported. If you are running one of these it may be time for a replacement.

Obsolete Models in 2020​

The following iPad models became obsolete on or before October 2020. In this case, obsolete means the models are both discontinued and unsupported by Apple. These devices don't support the latest versions of iPadOS.

• iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), and iPad (4th generation)
  • iPad Air
  • iPad mini, mini 2, and mini 3

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This is starting to look like devices that have older operating systems unable to load and or run the latest browser versions.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Now instead of just going to the mainpage I get a
"This page isn't working
www.badgerandblade.com redirected you too many times"

This isn't good. BB on the tablet in bed is how I often fall asleep at night. I can still assess some of the subforums from the google search result.
I'm getting the same on my Kindle HD 10. I'm too lazy to go and fire up my desktop computer, so I guess I'll go read a book on my Kindle Oasis. 😁

Top Bottom