What's new

Camping Meals - Post your recipes, suggestions, tips, and pics

Love the avatar you have up now Tony; Colombo was a favorite of mine.

I watched my fair share of Columbo growing up too. Great show.

That stew looks great, Bruce. Good idea to pair it up with fresh tortillas.
It was a last minute thought when we read the directions. Luckily, we had some stale ones in the trailer.
Will work for food.
You chop and gather the firewood, I'll feed you.

Tonight was Bacon Beef Hash from the Weber cookbook. We got to use up the leftover sirloins, which made it extra tasty. The peppers weren't in the directions, but a perfect match.

This one is going on the permanent list too. I'll post up the recipe when we get back.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1440202971478.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1440202971478.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 108
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1440203201102.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1440203201102.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Bruce, fantastic!!! We've all gone on the camping trip with you (I know it was a little crowded). Thanks for taking the time to post your dishes, son, dog and scenery. It was so real to me that I felt a chill last night and had to add and extra blanket.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Goodness, Bruce!

Bacon!!! And beef! How do you make your camp cooking look sooo good?

Excellent job.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What Aaron said........ except for the chill as it made things warmer down here.
Thanks for sharing Bruce. Looks like a you guys had a great time and were eating better than me at home this week. :thumbup1:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
We vac seal a lot of leftovers and then use them camping. Boiling the bags is very simple and cuts down on a lot of pots and pans to clean up.

For breakfast, Scout Scones:

English muffins, cut in half. Dip in pancake batter, then deep-fry. Dust with cinnamon sugar and enjoy. Quick, easy, delicious, and satisfying. (Obviously not backpacking food.)

Meat can. Drink a beer in a can. When done, cut the top off right under the ring, but not all the way. leave like an inch or so. Fill said can with ground beef, pickled Jalapenos, chips, sauces... whatever you want. Place into fire pit and let cook.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

Meat can. Drink a beer in a can. When done, cut the top off right under the ring, but not all the way. leave like an inch or so. Fill said can with ground beef, pickled Jalapenos, chips, sauces... whatever you want. Place into fire pit and let cook.

Enjoy. [emoji106]
Sounds great for the kids :w00t:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I don't know who looks like they are having the most fun...you or the kids.

That chicken looks great!

Is that a canoe or a little motor boat on the river/lake?

I don't know who looks like they are having the most fun...you or the kids.

That chicken looks great!

Is that a canoe or a little motor boat on the river/lake?
That was a little canoe. There are a ton of paddle boats on this stretch of the lake/river as there is a long no-wake zone and it's usually very calm.

Live shot of water from our site.

proxy.php

Out spot is a bugger to get in to, but worth it once we do. We do a lot of paddling here and a lot of outdoor meals.

I absolutely LOVE it here.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom