What's new

Calling all VINTAGE SIMPSONS - Hear Ye Hear Ye

beautiful brush. I have a circa 1970 Simpson whose knot looks very similar to that and performs wonderfully. I wouldn't touch that knot before I gave it a solid week or two of use to see how fresh it is.

thx, and good thought. I've been using it as a pinch hitter for past couple days, so will continue for a while to see.

Got these a while ago, but one of the few real older handles, one I would call vintage, other one I wouldn't call vintage yet, but I still have them in the collection and still among my favorites

Simpson M6 in best badger
proxy.php

Simpson Astor, Best badger
proxy.php

The Astor I have wasn't from that bunch of old stock handles Mark found last year (I think that's when I remember reading it) mine was bought 3 years ago from a vendor liquidating his inventory and found this in his desk without box... Was really a 'at the right time and right place moment' so this was from when the Astor was in production

timwcic

"Look what I found"
A pickup at my local junk shop. I was not expecting to find these.
Keyhole 3 and AS2M.
Both in great shape but shedding a bit.

$IMG_0067.jpg

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Doing some New Year organizing of my den. Here is some of my vintage Simpson's

$IMG_0377.jpg

Top row, AS3, PL8, Hoffritz Barrel, Turnabout, Case with Travel Tube
Bottom, #6, X2L, Unknown, B1

timwcic

"Look what I found"
My ongoing New Years organizing continues, two more boxes to go.

$IMG_0379.jpg

AS3, #59, #56, E, Keyhole 3

Duke 2, B3, W1, X1

Yesterday i made a stop in a local antique shop and found something pleasant. Living in the West coast of The US I never expected to find something like it in the wild, but here it is! one of my white whales, a wild caught Simpsons brush. It looks like a KH1 to my untrained eye, though initially i was curious why i couldn't find anything on google looking up K47.

I believe I can contribute to this thread with something a bit unusual - a Somerset vintage horn Simpson, according to a fellow wetshaver it predates 1941. A couple pics:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I believe I can contribute to this thread with something a bit unusual - a Somerset vintage horn Simpson, according to a fellow wetshaver it predates 1941. A couple pics:

proxy.php

proxy.php

WOW, now if I had a brush like that I think I would join a monastery and just shave and make lather all day ;)

Top Bottom