What's new

Building boxes?

Oh yeah, that one's a beaut. I'd never use it cause of the dimensions, but you know my love of long, skinny stones. I'd keep it on my mantle and take pictures of it to make other people jealous, though.

Maybe make the box so it tilts the stone forward a bit for display?

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
That's a good idea, but I can't display my stones where I live. Too many houses get broken in to around here. I wish I could though. They all stay in the safe when I'm not at home.

How heavy is the safe?

Hypothetically, if someone were to break into your house and take the safe, what are the odds you'd suspect the culprit lived 800miles away?

What was your address again?

David

Haha. If you can get my safe, then you deserve my stones. Lol. It's anchored down with 8 5/8 diameter wedge anchors.

David

Got the box made for my new Les Lat bout and slurry stone. It has padding on the top and bottom and the stone fits very securely with no movement when the box is closed. I haven't put any sealer on it yet...can't make up my mind what I want to use.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 102
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 103
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: CCR
a light coat of golden pecan stain will really pop that ambrosia in the lighter wood. I can show you what it looks like on a morse code key base I made. all my stones are in oak, pecan, and one in walnut. I didn't have any more maple to use on the boxes. won 1st place in the spars competition with it.

David

a light coat of golden pecan stain will really pop that ambrosia in the lighter wood. I can show you what it looks like on a morse code key base I made. all my stones are in oak, pecan, and one in walnut. I didn't have any more maple to use on the boxes. won 1st place in the spars competition with it.
Cool man, yeah post some pics if you don't mind I'd love to see them

$100_0429.jpghere yago the key is ambrosia with a purple stripe from purpleheart. boxes are red oak, pecan, walnut and the light one open is wormy chestnut. they house a coti, jnat, bbw, and a black translucent 4x2 arkie in the walnut

yes, won the first place spar competition with it totally hand made by none other than yours truly. magnetic no spring camelback, w4ka david, and k4kk ed have been after it for awhile. not wanting to stray from topic too far though . I posted the pic so he could see how the golden pecan made it pop. its finished in tung oil thinned with mineral spirits. same as the stone boxes. 73 cul , kn4wd

Top Bottom