What's new

Brush prep

Hey everyone, I searched B&B for a previous thread on this but I couldn't find much.

Well, here is my question, How would one go about preparing a brush to sell/PIF? i.e. disinfecting and the like

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I searched B&B for a previous thread on this but I couldn't find much.

Well, here is my question, How would one go about preparing a brush to sell/PIF? i.e. disinfecting and the like

Thanks!
If I were selling a brush, I would take lots of pictures ... a potential buyer wants to see three things: A brush full of lather. A brush that's fully bloomed. A picture of the box / case / travel tube, if applicable. Include a scale item in the picture, like a ruler, a dollar bill, or a pack of blades, so the buyer can get a sense of the size.

Include dimensions, like knot size, loft, handle size, etc. List any defects like cracks in the handle, or if it has any history of shedding. Be sure to specify what grade of badger hair its made from.

There are plenty of tutorials on how to clean a brush, like THESE TWO by mantic59. Don't use Barbicide, because that can discolor the knot or handle. You can restore the knot to its pre-bloom shape by letting it dry inside a toilet-paper tube.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
+1 on David's advice.

I would clean them with warm water + vinegar solution and then shampoo...

Top Bottom