What's new

Simpsons Ascot

Is this a new model? Any owners?
I did a search for these here but couldn’t find any posts.
Looks like a good shape, I’m tempted…

Ascot Brush Approx Specifications:

Overall brush height - 112mm

Handle height - 63mm

Knot loft - 49mm

Knot diameter - 20mm

IMG_4255.jpeg

I think it’s new to the Simpsons range but it looks the same as brushes Vulfix/Simpsons already makes for other brands. Here’s the Truefitt & Hill “Regency” brush, which is £102 in 22mm Super knot. Maybe other shaving brands have the equivalent brush too.

9ADD1A0F-13FB-459F-8124-A44773187E27.jpeg

Yeah, I just checked Geo F Trumper and Taylor of Old Bond Street and they also sell the same brush with their own logos on, same as Truefitt & Hill.
Copy that.
That’s nothing new though, is it? Haven’t Simpsons always shared some of their handles (or made brushes) for other British brands?

Regardless, it looks like a nice shape. The limited edition colors don’t hurt either.

Copy that.
That’s nothing new though, is it? Haven’t Simpsons always shared some of their handles (or made brushes) for other British brands?

Regardless, it looks like a nice shape. The limited edition colors don’t hurt either.
True. I actually have the Truefitt one, which is how I recognised the shape. I agree it’s a nice handle shape to hold. Truefitt has it in faux horn and ivory, as well as the black. But none of them have the bright colours that Simpsons are selling, which I guess may account for the higher Simpsons prices.

The Trumpers and Taylor brushes are significantly cheaper still - about £50 or so depending on knot size. But I don’t know if they are all equal in finish quality.

Top Bottom