What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Hello all , kinda stumbled on to the BL only after finding B&B like most. I've been into cigars for awhile but always wanted to try out the whole pipe deal ....probly cause my dad was into pipes from the mid 60's and into the 70's and still has all his pipes. So will have to check them out again and get pictures , I know he said he had some that were very expensive back then .

Well thanks to the Sue auctions I won the AP LE Tinsky pipe. For some reason I keeped going back to it and finally said what the heck time to jump in .

So I will do alot of research and be asking alot of questions before I fire it up ( don't want to do something lame and ruin it ) . But very glad to have the resource of this place and you guy's.

Hello all , kinda stumbled on to the BL only after finding B&B like most. I've been into cigars for awhile but always wanted to try out the whole pipe deal ....probly cause my dad was into pipes from the mid 60's and into the 70's and still has all his pipes. So will have to check them out again and get pictures , I know he said he had some that were very expensive back then .

Well thanks to the Sue auctions I won the AP LE Tinsky pipe. For some reason I keeped going back to it and finally said what the heck time to jump in .

So I will do alot of research and be asking alot of questions before I fire it up ( don't want to do something lame and ruin it ) . But very glad to have the resource of this place and you guy's.

Welcome to the club! That's just an amazing pipe to start your collection with. Luckily, if you go slow and easy, read the beginner stuff, watch some youtube vids on starting out, it's pretty hard to really do anything that will ruin a pipe.

Welcome to the club! That's just an amazing pipe to start your collection with. Luckily, if you go slow and easy, read the beginner stuff, watch some youtube vids on starting out, it's pretty hard to really do anything that will ruin a pipe.

Thanks , great to hear . Already started reading , and definitely will be checking out the utube videos.

Is the a vendor list or goto place that has deals and samples ?

Will get me a BL badge today so can check out the exchange.

Thanks , great to hear . Already started reading , and definitely will be checking out the utube videos.

Is the a vendor list or goto place that has deals and samples ?

Will get me a BL badge today so can check out the exchange.

We don't have any BL vendors.

Pipesandcigars.com
4noggins.com
cigarsinternational.com

are 3 very well rated and respected sites.

Very good , I buy through CI for cigars . Well check out there pipe stuff .

pipesandcigars.com is the same company as CI (one bought the other, can't remember which bought which), so if you're happy with their service then don't hesitate to check out P&C's better selection of pipe stuff.

pipesandcigars.com is the same company as CI (one bought the other, can't remember which bought which), so if you're happy with their service then don't hesitate to check out P&C's better selection of pipe stuff.

Yeah, CI bought P&C. My understanding at the time was that they were intending to keep the two entities separate, though.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My dad used to smoke King Edward cigars on a regular basis and as far as I remember, he never used anything other than the box they came in. He certainly did not store any cigars to age, smoking mostly inexpensive OTC brands. He smoked a pipe less frequently and had a pipe rack with the glass tobacco jar, which I now have and use.

This goes back a couple of days, but I highly recommend The Pipe Guys and Cup O' Joes.

Had a poor dealing with P&C recently. It's a rarity, but it happens.

I know for sure that they packed P&C's physical assets up and moved them to CI's warehouse/fulfillment center. Operations are pretty much entirely merged, just the catalogs/websites/etc differ and they do business as separate entities.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/pipesandcigarscom-acquired-by-cigars-international/

I know this made me a happy person, since they shut down the offices they had in NY as part of the transition, I was able to start ordering from them and not having to pay the arm, leg, and first born worth of tax on leafy orders. lol

Top Bottom