What's new

Brown Leaf Acquisitions - December 2023

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Thought I’d kick off December. Was able to find a few tins at my local B&M today.

IMG_6050.jpeg

I wound up finishing the year out with 2oz of glass slipper and 2oz Persian slipper from Watch City Cigar for myself. I did buy as a Christmas gift for a coworker, a country gentleman cob W/some pipe cleaners and a little bit of Sutliff Christmas Spice. Figured that would get him started off on the right path, and wanted to spread a little Christmas cheer.

Larry

Last edited:
And on impulse, a new pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh Regular, and one of Amphora Full Aroma. Since I'm having them sent to my house instead of work, I will almost certainly have them by Saturday or Monday. The plan: Stash them until Christmas Eve, and try the Amphora then in the paneled Fader's straight apple that I bought late last month.

At the pipe & cigar store, I picked up an ounce of one of therir house blends. Queen Anne's Revenge, the label says, has burley, Virginia, and cavendish, with a splash of rum. Smells great and comes in a ribbon cut. I'll dry some on a saucer tonight, load it into a pipe, and have it ready to try tomorrow morning.

My packet of Sir Walter Raleigh and the one of Amphora Full Aroma arrived on schedule yesterday. The SWR went into my stash. The Amphora I opened, whiffed, was pleased, and will try on Christmas Eve.

Phil, this "Revenge" stuff is not anything like what you suggest (thank God), but I think it will do better as a tiny pinch added to something else like a Virginia.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My packet of Sir Walter Raleigh and the one of Amphora Full Aroma arrived on schedule yesterday. The SWR went into my stash. The Amphora I opened, whiffed, was pleased, and will try on Christmas Eve.

Phil, this "Revenge" stuff is not anything like what you suggest (thank God), but I think it will do better as a tiny pinch added to something else like a Virginia.
That's just the way my brain works. I see a word or phrase and an idea pops into my head.
I'm sure it's good stuff, and my humor meant no slight.

This was not so much an acquisition as it was a sample, or gift. Saturay afternoon we were in the French Quarter (aka my home town), and I spotted something called Crescent City Cigars. So I stepped in to ask about pipe tobaccos. The owner and two other guys were smoking cigars. The fug in that room was visible, it was so thick. Anyway, I asked, and he showed me his small collection of house blends. All were aromatics, one a renamed Lane 1-Q, and one, acquired from a defunct nearby shop, was called something like Gelandevagen (yes, I know that's a Mercedes SUV) or Goeldevagen. He said it was a blend of black Cavendish, golden Cavendish, and a little perique.

We chatted about smoking. Before I knew it he'd pinched up a little of this mix, slid it into a plastic bag, and presented it to me. "Try a sample." I will, as soon as I rub out and dry the stuff. It feels soft and pretty moist, and smells great.

I'll have to go back to the shop again and buy something this time!

Top Bottom