What's new

Brick and mortar around north MS

I'm not sure how this will come across, but I'm one of those who likes to lay my hands on things before I buy something new. This is especially true if I have to spend more than about 10 or 15 bucks. Example, I have read where people just love the bay rum scents in so many products. I was almost ready to bite the bullet and buy some online, but I got the opportunity to travel to Oklahoma City, where I was able to visit Carwin's Shave Shop. Really glad I did not buy bay rum anything. But I did get some Truefitt & Hill 1805 cream and he was kind enough to let me get a sample of the aftershave balm they make as well. I would have gone back and bought it but I only had so much cash to spend on the trip. And there are loads of other products/scents that I would like to try, but I don't want to regret purchases. So, the question is, are there any brick and mortar businesses in the north Mississippi/Memphis area that any one knows about? I don't mind paying the higher price for the products I like, but I would really hate to waste my money on products that I end up hating.

Hey there! I checked the shave wiki for locations in the Mississippi area and didn't find anything, sadly!

I'm also a hands-on kind of guy and especially like to smell stuff before I buy. I've had the same problem as you: it's hard to even find a pack of blades that aren't Wilkinson's or no-names. Target has been my only real source of legit shaving supplies.

If you happen to find places in Memphis/Batesville/Oxford/etc., please, please make a list of what they sell/where the shop is located and add it to the wiki so others in your area can find some shaving goodness!

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:USA_Shaving_Supplies

Good luck!

I'm in Memphis, and there is not much around here that I'm aware of. Maggie's Pharm has organic soaps and creams, and Oak Hall sells the Art of Shaving. But as far as I know, thats it. if you find anything, post up. i'd be willing to drive a few hours for a good selection

As far as in Mississippi the only place that I have found software has been Target and Walmart for VDH, the big pharmacies, but nothing as far as the higher end stuff. I will tell you this though, the Barbasol A/S at the Dollar General especially the Pacific Rush might just be one of my favortie A/S to put on. Look around the Memphis and Germantown area for a store named Sephora, they do carry some AOS products and Everyman Jack products, I believe that is the name.

Top Bottom