What's new

BOTD - Beer Of The Day - 2016

This looks nice!

Last night during the barbecue:
1. Kostritzer Schwarzbier
2. Sumatra Mountain. I tried to get the brother-in-laws into this liquid magnificence; they went back to Hienecken. I tried:001_unsur.
3. 3 Sheeps Cashmere Hammer Rye Nitro Stout
4. Wiehanstephaner 1516 Lager
All in all a relaxing barbecue, no hangover. Win/win!

Don

Eh, that keeps 'em from asking for a beer when they come over. I don't have to worry about anyone coming over and drinking all my beer cause they've learned there's no bud light in the fridge.:001_rolle

full

Bohemia Obscura

Last edited by a moderator:
Got home. Yard work. Dead car battery swapped out. Stop at the local package store for a reward. Oh. They now have Six Point Puff (Yeah, it's in a can. And now it's in my refrigerator.) and Boulevard Brewing The Calling IPA, which I hadn't tried. Boulevard makes one of my favorites - Tank 7. The Calling looks like it'll be a light hitter on the pour, light yellow with a fair white head. The nose is nice and fruity, but the bitter hop finish is less pronounced, though it grows with each swallow. Has the makings of a great session IPA, but it is 8.5% ABV.

They also had a few of the Founder's offerings, but none of the really good dark stuff.

Tried "Hop Gun" from Funky Buddha this weekend. Really enjoyed it. Not as bitter as some IPAs, and has a nice citrus note.

$20160615_171429.jpg
La Avenida brown ale. Finally found a restaurant in Mexico with at least a few craft beers. This one did not disappoint! Good balance of malt, hops, carbonation and a slight hint of fruity notes. Even the head foam was fruity and flavorful. At 6% abv it's getting right into the range I like alcohol was just barely detectable.

Cape Coral Brewing Gongoozler Kolsch. Generally not a huge fan of this hometown brewer, but this one isn't bad. And the name is kinda unique and appropriate.

Epic night tonight... Hopslam, Oracle, ReDANKulous, and Devil Dancer. 5:30 am is gonna come quick tomorrow...

How was ReDANKulous?

Founder's Breakfast Stout with pizza tonight. I know, I know... Breakfast Stout!?!? For supper?!?!

3 Sheep's Cashmere Hammer Nitro Rye Stout the night previous,

and to celebrate the wife driving off the parking lot tarmac into a drainage ditch at work 2 nights ago ( I had to tow her out) a Weihenstephaner 1516 Kellerbier.

Don

After today's run, a half bottle of Ballantine Ale. After discovering all the world of beer has to offer, I have no idea how to describe what I just drank. I was gifted the bottle by a client who is crazy about it. He said it has a different taste and goes down easy. He was right on both points, but it is pretty bland stuff. It's not Budweiser or Coors. Maybe closer to Yuengling. I'm just lost for descriptors with this old standard.

ADD: Went to Beer Advocate to read the reviews. One guy was totally with me on the better than Bud, but not quite Yuengling. The other folks who were describing fruit, malt, corn, and hops, and wet pennies (metallic - they must have had the can!), have more discriminating palates than I!

Last edited:
Another full sail session! Cream Ale! Very nice, full body but pretty light. I picked up a session sampler (lager, IPA, cream, and wheat). Do yourself a favor, pick some up for your next cookout!

proxy.php

Top Bottom