What's new

Bohin Reversible base plate razor

Nice to have this interesting razor and the window display that helped sell this unique shaver.
full
full

full

full

The base plate reverses in order to provide a more or less aggressive shave. Not obvious from the window display poster.
full

One of my favorite rasoirs. The design is beautiful, dated and timeless all at the same time. The advertising is wonderful.

Here’s mine with a green case:

IMG_7024.JPG
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the round set, but ended up with this one instead... somehow it flew under the radar and I got it for a really good price. Needless to say, the seller was quite disappointed.

Did you get this set and the advertising from the same seller? I had been watching these for sometime.

Congrats to all Bohin owners. I want to join you but haven't been able to snag one at the right price/condition. Maybe one day.

I love the round set, but ended up with this one instead... somehow it flew under the radar and I got it for a really good price. Needless to say, the seller was quite disappointed.

Did you get this set and the advertising from the same seller? I had been watching these for sometime.

Ya. He was a bit disappointed. :) This mint set that replaced that one cheered him up a bit though. Glad you are enjoying it still!

Excellent set Jake!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You have some of the most interesting razors around on B&B, that was a razor ahead of its time, adjustable razor for mild to aggressive with the flip of the head. The Rockwell 6c comes to mind and a few others.

You have some of the most interesting razors around on B&B, that was a razor ahead of its time, adjustable razor for mild to aggressive with the flip of the head. The Rockwell 6c comes to mind and a few others.
The Rockwell doesn't look as nice. I own one, not dissing the Rockwell. But as a Rockwell owner I still want a Bohin. Wish the gang at Rockwell would have reproduced it. Still could!

Last edited:
Indeed interesting that Rockwell was able to obtain a utility patent for an 80 year old technology.

As an aside, the 1930s French adverts are the absolute best.

Top Bottom