What's new

Boar Brush? Face Lathering? Oh.... now I get it!!

This post was sponsored by the Divorce Lawyers of America, AD-Division.

lol! Funny, I'm a divorce lawyer. I require a 5 Badger Brush, 3 Boar Brush retainer, and charge 3 tubs of Castles Forbes per hour. :)

On a much more serious note, I used Proraso and the boar today. Holy Toledo!!! :w00t:

I remember seeing a few BSTs where people were selling $200 badger brushes, saying they were boar shavers. I thought they were crazy. Now I get it.

This post was sponsored by the Divorce Lawyers of America, AD-Division.

I thought shaving revitalised the Art of Manliness, not...

proxy.php

My wife is from the roll her eyes what the hell has he bought this month type. It's hard to know what's worse, being whipped, or made to feel like a shave dweeb.

Last edited:
I started on a floppy Parker pure badger. It worked quite well in a bowl with creams.
Then I figured, "what the hell?", and bought a $15 HJM boar. I couldn't bowl lather with it at first, but when I put it to my face....:001_wub:
I gave the Parker to a friend I converted and haven't look back. I've got the HJM, a Vie-Long boar, and I also have a Semogue on the way.
I got the Parker because it was an inexpensive badger, and I'd heard badger brushes were better than boar.
Now I'm pretty sure I'll never have a need for a $100+ badger in my cabinet.

I think my shaving bowl is going back to the kitchen. I'm glad I never ordered that scuttle. lol

I'm going to keep using the Fuller, and if I still love face-lathering in a month, I'm going to spend the "big bucks" and get a top rated Omega or Semogue.

Top Bottom